Kanye to The banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, kind of new here but...

If Otis is the standout track, I wouldnt be worried. Why? Because standout does not equal best. If I remember clearly, the people in the listening event had other favorite tracks, but none really picked Otis. (ie Lift Off, Who Gon Stop Me, No Church In A While). Why I wouldnt be worried if Otis is the standout track is because, well the track standouts in basically all of mainstream Hip Hop. It's Ye & Jay going back and forth on a sample alone, no drums, or piano rolls, etc. Its just something thats like, Wow. Obviously this album was very up tempo, and bangerish from what I read, so a track like this would standout. Its simple, yet creative and artistic. Like say Blame Game was really the standout on MBDTF, because it sounded different from the whole album, but that doesnt mean it was the best track. It just took a different direction.

/end rant.

·
Premium Member
91,083 Posts
College.Dropout said:

If Otis is the standout track, I wouldnt be worried. Why? Because standout does not equal best. If I remember clearly, the people in the listening event had other favorite tracks, but none really picked Otis. (ie Lift Off, Who Gon Stop Me, No Church In A While). Why I wouldnt be worried if Otis is the standout track is because, well the track standouts in basically all of mainstream Hip Hop. It's Ye & Jay going back and forth on a sample alone, no drums, or piano rolls, etc. Its just something thats like, Wow. Obviously this album was very up tempo, and bangerish from what I read, so a track like this would standout. Its simple, yet creative and artistic. Like say Blame Game was really the standout on MBDTF, because it sounded different from the whole album, but that doesnt mean it was the best track. It just took a different direction.

/end rant.
interesting point, and it's true, the standout track might just be different but not necessarily the best. but yeah, otis is growing on me quite a lot, i just played it through some bigger speakers, and yeaaaah...

·
Registered
47 Posts
idk, HELL OF A LIFE is nasty to listen to in the car lol and yea i think this song will sound alot better when we hear it with the rest of the album..not saying its bad now.. and lol i just recognize they are only rapping on JUST the sample throughout the whole song, i think thats a first

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
College.Dropout said:

/end rant.
You have a good point there. I wouldn't think much of other people's favorites though, since they usually are tracks that I think are shit like Power & AOTL for example. If Otis indeed stands out it means that it is significantly different from everything else. That might be a good thing... maybe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts