Kanye to The banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I've been running www.musikal.co.uk for some time now. I really enjoy doing it, but it's got a bit stagnant. Feels a bit like I'm posting stuff for me and about 50 friends and the occasional stranger who has become a loyal reader.

I want to take it to the next step. I want more return visitors. I really want it to be a 'go-to' place for people to find new music.

I have a friend who will be starting working on it with me, soon. He's more into Electronic music than me, so that'll be covered more as time goes on (I generally post hip hop, R&B and some indie and alternative stuff). I'm also planning to eventually take it away from the Tumblr platform and over to Wordpress, as I hear it works better with search engines etc..

But yeah, any ideas for promotion or anything else would be really welcome.

Here's that URL again: www.musikal.co.uk

Thanks,

MM

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
i dont know how to make it a "go to" place but if you want to widen your audience you could try making a youtube page making videos on whatever news you do and make sure you direct all your viewers to your blog. or you could try partnering up w/a similar blog that has a bigger audience and connections.

G

·
Run a competition (people love free shit, but make sure you follow through), start a youtube channel, post the blog name everywhere (every music forum you can find), try to get featured on another more popular blog (email the blogger), update regularly, be controversial

G

·
Follow more people on Twitter and use it to network with the right people, post links to downloads of fresh tracks

G

·
Also, though it looks clean, no one is going to remember that plain white, liven it up with a dope theme (get someone on here to make one for you maybe?)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all, useful stuff. Gonna look in to this Youtube channel thing for sure.

Dub said:
Also, though it looks clean, no one is going to remember that plain white, liven it up with a dope theme (get someone on here to make one for you maybe?)
Background is being worked on as we speak, definitely agree that while it's clean, it's forgettable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts