Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
12,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the initial negative reaction of 808s made him get back into rap. but i wish there was some part of him that didnt care what people thought and went on to release more autotune stuff. He could have been one of the autotune elites like james blake or justin vernon. And with help from mr hudson :whew: Man, he had nowhere to go but up. Now all he does with autotune is use it like every other rapper does. THe last time he utilized it to better potential was blood on the leaves, but there are so many more place to go

·
Banned
12,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iceman said:
808s is a masterpiece

only plebs disagree

same with Yeezus

i guess i just didnt have enough context of who kanye was when i was younger to think that him singing was weird. 808s was the first album i listened to all the way through :whew:

·
Registered
32,637 Posts
that feel when you liked 808s from the start and all your friends hated on you until they changed their minds and realized shit was a game changing album that is fire from start to finish

·
Banned
12,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
La Flame said:
Op forgot T-Pain....

Rappa Ternt Sanga dropped 2005.
Nah of course I couldn't forget the OG, but I was talking more experimental autotune like James Blake and Justin Vernon and Francis and the lights. It would have been cool to see him go in that direction

·
Registered
29,699 Posts
natsrednu said:
I think the initial negative reaction of 808s made him get back into rap. but i wish there was some part of him that didnt care what people thought and went on to release more autotune stuff. He could have been one of the autotune elites like james blake or justin vernon. And with help from mr hudson :whew: Man, he had nowhere to go but up. Now all he does with autotune is use it like every other rapper does. THe last time he utilized it to better potential was blood on the leaves, but there are so many more place to go
Curious to know how u want him to utilize the autotune and what made u say blood on the leaves

·
Banned
12,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Choose a username said:
Curious to know how u want him to utilize the autotune and what made u say blood on the leaves
Well I guess it's not necessarily autotune, I just would like to see him do more vocal tricks and singing in general. Messing with melodies and layering them how James Blake and Francis and the lights do. I don't have full knowledge on this so I can't really say much besides that. I just would like to see what type of spin Kanye could put on it. I mentioned blood on the leaves because that was the last song where he did anything interesting with autotune. All he did on tlop was throw it on so that his verses weren't just rap. But any rapper could do that

·
Registered
29,699 Posts
natsrednu said:
Well I guess it's not necessarily autotune, I just would like to see him do more vocal tricks and singing in general. Messing with melodies and layering them how James Blake and Francis and the lights do. I don't have full knowledge on this so I can't really say much besides that. I just would like to see what type of spin Kanye could put on it. I mentioned blood on the leaves because that was the last song where he did anything interesting with autotune. All he did on tlop was throw it on so that his verses weren't just rap. But any rapper could do that
I feel u what about guilt trip?

·
Banned
12,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Choose a username said:
I feel u what about guilt trip?
There wasn't much going on there. He didn't use autotune generically here but it's just not really stand out to me. Sometimes I like it, but it's mostly forgettable

1 - 20 of 25 Posts