Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
28,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't hugely into rap until these recent few years, and never really listened to a Wayne song. I got really into Kanye though and listened to his albums and loved them, which was like a gateway drug into the rap game. But every time there was a Wayne feature on a Ye song I was like wft. :wom: I decided a few months ago to get into his music because I had done the same with some of the more popular artists, like Nas, Em, Jay-Z, Lupe etc, but the moment I hear his voice I just  :psyboom:

I'm sure he has some good verses, I'm sure his flow is great like people say, I'm sure he's had some great albums, but I just cannot even fathom listening to him for extended amounts of time merely because of his godawful voice.  :mindfk: I have attempted to get into Wayne several times but have never managed to get pass a full album because his voice just grates my ears... Is this normal?

·
Registered
35,690 Posts
He had a really nice period in the middle of last decade, anyone denying that is straight hating.  He's not good anymore though.

·
Registered
18,594 Posts
Why is the world full of haters. Why is it when people dont like somethig they hate it? Cant they just say they dont like it WTF. But i feel ya maybe he just isnt for you.

·
Premium Member
116,472 Posts
and i will never be able to understand your taste in chicks.

·
Premium Member
116,472 Posts
King DCAPP said:
He had a really nice period in the middle of last decade, anyone denying that is straight hating.  He's not good anymore though.
no ceilings? D:

·
Registered
18,806 Posts
Dude is the mixtape king and his run from 2005-2007 is one of the best in hip-hop. From 08-pres he's ass tho. No Ceilings might be classic. 4.5/5 imo.
I can't think of 10 good Wayne songs from 08-pres w/o naming 8 on No Ceilings tbh.

·
Premium Member
116,472 Posts
Yarchini said:
No Ceilings might be classic. 4.5/5 imo.
the dude. no ceilings is fantastic.

·
Registered
18,806 Posts
pt said:
the dude. no ceilings is fantastic.
Of no denying that. I just can't call if classic. It has 1 filler song if I remember correctly.

Wayne is still the only dude w/ 2 classic mixtapes.

I'll never understand how you ppl think he's trash all together.

·
Premium Member
116,472 Posts
Yarchini said:
Of no denying that. I just can't call if classic. It has 1 filler song if I remember correctly.

Wayne is still the only dude w/ 2 classic mixtapes.

I'll never understand how you ppl think he's trash all together.
srsly, it doesn't need to be a classic. if it's a good listen, it's good. what's the fuss about classic? do we get paid for classifying an album as a classic? fuck that, time will tell.

i love no ceilings. i think c4 will be good.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts