Kanye to The banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
you like that dark industrial techno right?

you could try getting into post-punk or industrial... due to the similarities.

on another note, you should download David Bowie's Low. second half is a bunch of ambient old school synth shit from brian eno. pretty tight. first half is really good too, but less electronic.

·
Banned
21,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chris w. said:
when you say indie, do you mean rock in general? or "p4k-core"?
i dont know alot about post punk but i can fuck withit.  so i guess its p4kcore, but anything i hear thats labelled 'indie' 'indie rock' i find to be str8 corn,eg just in this section i see 'vampire weekend' 'the national' 'chvrches' 'alt j' 'st vincent' '  like i cosign eminem b4 this stuff.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Based.God said:
i dont know alot about post punk but i can fuck withit.  so i guess its p4kcore, but anything i hear thats labelled 'indie' 'indie rock' i find to be str8 corn,eg just in this section i see 'vampire weekend' 'the national' 'chvrches' 'alt j' 'st vincent' '  like i cosign eminem b4 this stuff.
The National is "str8 corn"? You're probably the first person to ever say that.

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
Based.God said:
tbh, i dont really like those bands much either.

just don't listen to that shit. some things aren't for everyone.

·
Premium Member
34,261 Posts
Coloradical said:
I've been meaning to do this recently also.  Is You're Living All Over Me the best starting place?
I like their debut and Hand It Over more but it's probably a good place to start. you really can't go wrong with them, some of their best music has come out in the past few years.

I'd say Dinosaur, You're Living, Hand It Over, and Farm (and/or Beyond) are good albums to kick it off; that's if you end up enjoying whatever you listen to first. if you dig all those you might as well get everything, all solid.

·
Registered
19,806 Posts
New order broe early synth music opposite of a snore fest , power corruption and lies is a 10/10 and a good start

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
Based.God said:
but goddam it just puts me to sleep
The problem with indie music is that for every good indie band there is 50 musically retarded bands who care more about being a pretentious hipster than actually making quality music.  The music is more of a front to support their PBR, ironic 'stache lifestyle.

If you hate indie I would DEFINITELY ease into it with "Arctic Monkeys" as they are probably the best indie band out there. 

Their four albums out are

Whatever People Say I am I'm Not

Favourite Worst Nightmare  PROTIP: get the japanese edition bonus tracks Da Frame 2R and Matador. Very addictive songs.

Humbug

Suck It And See 

All albums have been critically acclaimed, they mature and get better with each subsequent album while their debut is still enjoyable if you already heard all four albums.  They don't pack their albums with filler either so you won't have to worry about skipping tracks when playing every album.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts