Kanye to The banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To summarize his viewpoint on the world. I noticed in damn near half the songs heard from the album that he mentions some variation of the devil... and songs like the Blame Game, All of the Lights, Devil in a New dress..... they seem like metaphors beyond just simple male and female relation. Especially with how the tracklist is lined up now... and obviously thanks to the Runaway movie you can tell that every song has meaning..... what do you guys think?

(sorry if that came out sloppy)

·
Registered
26,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean the one after the movie with Sway. I didn't catch the movie on tv....

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
it absolutely has a deeper meaning. for 1, the movie could have represented so many things.
take the phoenix for example.
people are taking different viewpoints on it and for me i think its our true selves. its our bare selves that we leave behind when we "grow up"
in a way, to me, the phoenix represented our inner 5 year old. not really adjusted with the formal community but 1000X more beautiful.

other meanings could be his mother, his female companions, or whatever else you can think of.

so yes, something is here.

·
Registered
26,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CHEEZY said:
it absolutely has a deeper meaning. for 1, the movie could have represented so many things.
take the phoenix for example.
people are taking different viewpoints on it and for me i think its our true selves. its our bare selves that we leave behind when we "grow up"
in a way, to me, the phoenix represented our inner 5 year old. not really adjusted with the formal community but 1000X more beautiful.

other meanings could be his mother, his female companions, or whatever else you can think of.

so yes, something is here.
THERE WE GO, someone outside of the box!

These are the type of things I will be looking at as i explore the album.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts