Kanye to The banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Premium Member
224,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's the best way I can describe Kanye West lately. A phase. Actually, Special_K kinda put this thought into my head not that long ago, but this uh, "art and culture" thing... yeah, I can't be the only one who's ready for the album compilation that is My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy to be released so Kanye can get back to doing what we love.

This, what Ye has been doing... this isn't even rap.

It's an experiment. He's been so engrossed with this art and culture thing since he reworked his blog. Every post is a painting. Every post is a naked white girl with barely any tits, every post is eerily similar to some type of devil worshipping act. No music. Now we have ten-minute long musical tracks--I'm not even going to say rap--that make up basically the entirety of his new "album". Since mid-2010, Kanye West has not been a rapper. Or a hip-hop artist. He's been the truest form of a straight musical artist. I'm not criticizing, but I'm ready for him to be done.

Of course there are people way too engrossed in what he's doing at the moment who will say "well dude, Kanye has always been 'not just a rapper', he's always been doing this cultural art shit."

Well no, he hasn't. There's a big difference between a Teddy bear standing in a cathedral and an armored monster with wings and a polka dot tail having intercourse with a deranged manbearpig. That's the progression we have gone through.

Before you hit me up with the "****** want my old shit, buy my old albums" line, I know Kanye has a new sound every album. Every album is vastly different from the previous and next. But you know why we love Kanye? Is it because he knows how to fuck himself over by disrespecting white women on live TV, or is it because he runs a 4.3 40, especially when running after his smash and dash Phoenix girlfriend? Nah. That isn't what attracted everyone to Kanye. It was Spaceship. Gold Digger. Stronger, Champion, Two Words, Through the Wire, Family Business, I Wonder, Diamonds From Sierra Leone, All Falls Down, etc. etc.

Where has that gone? Where has KANYE WEST been since 2007? 808s is a sing-sung album. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy looks completely experimental. I like Never See Me Again, Don't Look Down, and Lost In The World as much as the next guy but uh, where's Kanye been at? Remember after 808's came out, and Kanye got really pissed off at life and hit us up with Go Hard, Put On, Run This Town, Forever, Giftrd, the Lollipop Remix? Yo, we were like "oh shit, Kanye is going ham! I can't wait for that new album ***** yeah!"

What happened? It all just... vanished. There's a difference between those tracks I mentioned and All of the Lights. A difference between those tracks I mentioned and Runaway. There's a difference between those tracks I mentioned and See Me Now. We are hip-hop fans. We love rappers. We love rap. Where has the rap gone? When was the last time we heard a Kanye West rap song?

Do you guys ever wonder why some of Kanye's most popular songs lately have been Power, So Appalled, Devil In A New Dress... ever think about how even though we have all these songs, no one on this site is satisfied because Chain Heavy, Mama's Boyfriend, Sweat On My Face, and That's My Bitch aren't on the album? Wonder why Watch the Throne is such a big deal nowadays?

Kanye can be creative all he wants, I guess. That's what he seems to be into. The Kanye that brought us all together on this site has been fading away. Although I like his new music, I will tell you now that I will be disappointed with this new album. I guess my favorite Kanye verses will be from features in between 808s and Heartbreak and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

Damn, I wish the name of the album was still A Good Ass Job.

·
Registered
19,906 Posts
ok well people change sorry bro he went through some shit hes still tearing up rap beats on good fridays but i personally like his direction and we havent even heard it yet he said they will be different versions and even so we only heard partial versionsof these songs and  the ones we havent heard you dont know they could be classics

·
Registered
323 Posts
yo, did you hear some of the verses in this movie homie? I was listening to them thinking, did Kanye write these? he was going IN! You can't expect a straight hip hop album from him at this point in his career.

and......we haven't heard the album yet.....

quick edit: I DON'T want to sit through 3 mins of just music playing on each song though....that's the new thing i think he's on, and i ain't really with it...

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
DubMcFly said:
yo, did you hear some of the verses in this movie homie? I was listening to them thinking, did Kanye write these? he was going IN! You can't expect a straight hip hop album from him at this point in his career.

and......we haven't heard the album yet.....
dark fantasy yes he did kill that shit

·
Banned
5,206 Posts
Tito. said:
It's an experiment. He's been so engrossed with this art and culture thing since he reworked his blog. Every post is a painting. Every post is a naked white girl with barely any tits, every pos is eerily similar to some type of devil worshipping act. No music.
:facepalm:
are you fucking retarded?

1 - 20 of 243 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.