Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, the tape exists. There's no denying that shit. A collective amount of people would not be able to run a myth for so long. Plus, the fact that it isn't just some guy on Twitter or some Blogger claiming it, actual OVO affiliates are also talking -- means it exists. So get the fuck out if you're going to preach the fact that this tape doesn't exist.

Anyway, I truly do believe Sample Clearences really delayed this tape. Shit was all set to go, we had multiple confirmations (I still believe hypeee and THEHOLYGHOST were spot on...) And suddenly nothing. Which is a bit too crazy considering the multiple confirmations and just plain making sense to drop something this weekend...

Now there's a whole bunch of reports from producers claiming they were recently contacted by OVO to issue sample Clearences?

You're talking about the guy who liked the song Tuesday, remixed it and watched that shit hit #12 and earn a Grammy nod. If Drake samples or remixes your song, it's going to get more attention than a regular mixtape song.

Pretty much this post was to say: I'm pretty sure the tape is coming... But Drake making a mixtape in 2015 isn't the same as Drake making a mixtape in 2009. People are going to benefit one way or another from a touch from hip hop's current King Midas.. We just have to be patient. We're close.

Anyone agree?

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
but it's a mixtape

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
= no sample issues

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
tobrien2 said:
I thought samples didn't need to be cleared for a mixtape (free), just albums (where the artist profits)?
drake could end up profiting. everything he touches gets radio play, which counts as a commercial use.

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
Vino P said:
a high profile artist like drake has to clear samples. He's gonna tour with this music etc. make money
source

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
this my statement and i'm sticking by it tbh:

thejayrafael said:
you know how drake joints go. son's freebies end up blowing up on radio and shit...and if i understand right, that counts as a commercial use...therefore, a sample would have to be cleared.

they might just be playing it safe.

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
don't forget this is the dude who dropped a lead single with Big Sean and 2 Chainz and didn't clear the sample for the outro

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
Klay Thompson said:
common sense
oh word ! /thread !! thanks boss !! v helpful.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts