Kanye to The banner

41 - 60 of 364 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35,690 Posts
brett824 said:
I totally did warn against spaces in the OP. It's all written in Java.

Open up terminal (it's in Applications/Utilities or you can just find it with spotlight). Type java -jar and then a space, and drag the .jar file into the window. Press enter and tell me what it says.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:676)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:317)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:280)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:375)
dhcp-064-247-064-150:~ DCAPP$
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
DCAPP said:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:676)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:317)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:280)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:375)
dhcp-064-247-064-150:~ DCAPP$
Hrm. This is an error usually caused by what version of Java you're running. I'll try to check and see if there's something wrong on my end, but if anyone else has this problem, holler.

b0tTheGod said:
anyway you can offer a zipped version so i can download onto my instinct so i can transfer it to a computer?
This is a strange request but I think this is what you're requesting:
http://thecomedicvoid.com/FridayGenerator.zip
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
i got a bunch of files in the friday generator folder. meta-inf, and a bunch of .class files. what do i do to run the program? sorry i'm just having some trouble. when i click to open any of those files it tells me to select a program to open it in...

help please :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35,690 Posts
brett824 said:
Hrm. This is an error usually caused by what version of Java you're running. I'll try to check and see if there's something wrong on my end, but if anyone else has this problem, holler.
Oh.  I guess I'm the only one having a problem, so it's probably me.  Should I download a different version of Java?  I'm using the one that comes standard on Mac OS X, soooo....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
DUH said:
i got a bunch of files in the friday generator folder. meta-inf, and a bunch of .class files. what do i do to run the program? sorry i'm just having some trouble. when i click to open any of those files it tells me to select a program to open it in...

help please :D
You're looking inside the .Jar file, which means you probably don't have Java installed. http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp get it here and try just clicking the .jar file.

DCAPP said:
Oh. I guess I'm the only one having a problem, so it's probably me. Should I download a different version of Java? I'm using the one that comes standard on Mac OS X, soooo....
I don't know if there's anything you can do tbqh. I'm checking stuff right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I uploaded a new version that may or may not work for the people who were having trouble. Redownload it.
 
41 - 60 of 364 Posts
Top