Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
28,291 Posts
robert HENRY said:
No, there was like 4.
Now I ain't hating or anything but if it was the other way round, in let's say Eminem's video people would get mad.
True
They really shouldn't do these things
Maybe he was having cinematic fun
Like Dave Chappelle, "I would shoot a slave master every episode if I could"
Idk

·
Registered
28,291 Posts
robert HENRY said:
Yeah, I agree but it's not only the case.
It's like the black people are the ones enjoying themselves and every working character in this movie is white
(tv reporter, ballerinas, the musicians).
I don't know, I kinda find it stupid.
There were black ballerinas right?
Maybe this is a utopia where Black people were on top? And in Star Wars, Darth Vader is really James Earl Jones and is still Luke's father
Then when they take the mask off, he's like yeah
Btw at least they got paid

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
In the interview afterwards he said that color scheme was one of the most important parts of the film and wanted to clear up the fact that since this is America a few people will most definitely bring it up - there was no racial tension in that scene, he didn't even direct it, it was Venessa Beecroft (who is white) who thought it would be a better idea with a black and white drop off for color scheme purposes only...

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
sTuckBeats said:
he's just saying that there's a double standard.
i don't really have a problem with it.

but imagine if Eminem had a music video where there were black servants running around serving white people. everyone would FLIP OUT.

just saying. :dno:
True. But what I'm saying is that it shouldn't matter either way to anyone. If it offends you or anyone else then surely you're proving that colour of the skin matters to you individually. :dno:

·
Banned
85,627 Posts
i noticed that too the minute i seen that scene. i hate that he can get away with that but a white person doing something similar like that would be called racist.

it doesn't bother me that there white, it bothers me that a white guy couldn't get away with that :dno:

btw where were they eating anyways, was it a warehouse or a restaurant, where was this place?

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
PEOPLE!
did you see what the servers were wearing?

ROBES aka, Angel wear!
THE SERVERS TREATED THE BIRD KINDLY, except for the asshole who brought the bird in...

THE GUEST WERE THE DOUCEBAGS, ASSHOLES, SCUM BAGS, and JERK OFFS.

if anything, black people should feel insulted...
but then again they were all looking fresh with the all white on :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Eminem can't get away with that choice of color scheme in a short film because 200 years of slavery, jim crow and institutionalized racism has a little more racial tension in it than the little notion of white people serving a table of black guests.

Yeah, I went there.

:kanyeshrug:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.