Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kanye is the only artist to have all his albums universally acclaimed and not even one clunker. His career itself has only been present for 6 years (Solo-wise) and all his albums have been acclaimed, even 808s has a great metacritic rating no matter how you look at it.

The beatles had yellow submarine. Lil Wayne had Rebirth. Eminem- Relapse, but Kanye has not had one clunker so far.

The man's just immensely talented, that's all I can say. 5 studio albums in 6 years and each one vastly different from the other, while also inventing and defining the genre they touched on?

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
A lot of people have "not had one clunker so far."  You guys should get off kanye's music from time to time.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scarves said:
A lot of people have "not had one clunker so far."  You guys should get off kanye's music from time to time.
Please elaborate. All my favorite artists have had atleast one album where they lost it a bit. Not TERRIBLE albums or anything, just..not as good.

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Stketcher said:
Examples? 
A tribe called quest, 5 albums. Gangstarr, 6 albums. Outkast, 7 albums. The Roots, 12 albums. You've heard of these people right? I can go on and on and on.
Varun said:
Please elaborate. All my favorite artists have had atleast one album where they lost it a bit. Not TERRIBLE albums or anything, just..not as good.
So does ye.

You should really get off his music one day. Cause saying you love his music is a fact, it's cool and all that. But saying he's done things that have never been done before is dumb, disrespectful and ignorant.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Nas; he's praised with Illmatic, and at the same time he's cursed with it.

·
Registered
35,690 Posts
Scarves said:
Scarves speaks da truf.  Broaden your horizons.  There are a lot of groups/artists out there with pretty impressive catalogues.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dante Terrell Smith said:
Examples off the top of my head:

LCD Soundsystem
The Smiths
M.I.A.
Nirvana
The Velvet Underground (Squeeze doesn't count)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Joanna Newsom
Tbh M.I.A's new album got bashed critically and commercially.

But I get what you're saying. It's been done before. Still, it's not an easy accomplishment in such a short amount of time.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Scarves said:
A tribe called quest, 5 albums. Gangstarr, 6 albums. Outkast, 7 albums. The Roots, 12 albums. You've heard of these people right? I can go on and on and on.So does ye.

You should really get off his music one day. Cause saying you love his music is a fact, it's cool and all that. But saying he's done things that have never been done before is dumb, disrespectful and ignorant.
At the end of the day it all comes down to opinions/taste

To say Ye is the only artist to have done this is foolish...but he is one of the most recent

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stketcher said:
At the end of the day it all comes down to opinions/taste

To say Ye is the only artist to have done this is foolish...but he is one of the most recent
Scarves said:
A tribe called quest, 5 albums. Gangstarr, 6 albums. Outkast, 7 albums. The Roots, 12 albums. You've heard of these people right? I can go on and on and on.So does ye.

You're absolutely right. Don't hate on me bro. It's just that, the consistency is pretty stunning for a person who's both wildly commercially and critically successful. And I was mainly talking about recent times, like this decade.

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Varun said:
You're absolutely right. Don't hate on me bro. It's just that, the consistency is pretty stunning for a person who's both wildly commercially and critically successful. And I was mainly talking about recent times, like this decade.
Oh don't get me wrong. I'm not as mad as I may sound through these words.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
robert HENRY said:
Fuck you doing comparing Kanye West to The Beatles?
It's all a matter of opinion isn't it?

They both are incredibly critically and commercially successful. Both of them are considered to be one of the best in their genres, (Although the beatles are ALL TIME)

Only time will tell, but musicians shouldn't be treated like demigods. The Beatles are my favorite band and they are the most important thing that happened to music in the past century but hot damn they didn't invent music.

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
robert HENRY said:
I'm sorry but as much as I love Kanye there is no way he will ever do what The Beatles did too music.
The only person you can put aside of the beatles is michael jackson.
He beat them. Kanye>>>>>The Beatles.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts