Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
29,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Idk if this thread is more so directed at Denzel Curry for that lame attempt or people in general, but as a whole we should stop with the "biting" allegations or saying such and such isn't original because EVERYONE steals.

Most of ya favorite artist deadass steal entire concepts from underground artist you never heard of. While others steal vibes or do straight up remakes of popular songs. And then you have those who sample, which is technically a form of stealing. Wether you give credit or not stealing is stealing and we need to stop slandering artist for "stealing".......honestly idk if we should even call it stealing.

So we shouldn't get defensive of artist when they are accused of "stealing" (Yes u ****** in the Denzel thread need to stop acting like Ye magically thought of Yeezus alone, he was influenced, it's okay).....and on the flip side ****** need to stop tryna expose someone for "stealing" when it's literally the reason art evolves.

Look at Gorgeous, such a beautiful sample from the 60's. Mike Dean took that riff and replayed it, and Cudi followed the same melody from the sample to write a dope hook. Sprinkle some Kanye and Raekwon verses on top and you have an amazing song. Yes the melody was ''stolen'' technically but Ye has always 1. Credited his influences 2. Admitted to ''stealing'' 3. Took the songs he ''stole'' and made it into his own

Here's another example. Actually take a look at MBDTF as a whole being its 1 the greatest rap albums of All Time. Look how many of the Hooks melody originated from another song.

Actually now that I think about it this is what plays to Kanyes genius. He goes into other genres and takes pieces of ideas that have WORKED and makes it rap. Lmao this ***** has the perfect formula to making a flawless song. Travel into a new genre (something non-urban)....grab a melody they used that worked and make it into ur own. SMFH i'm deadass ranting about shit ya'll already know about....my bad. :hah:

Also what we gotta realize is alot of your favorite songs started out as covers and then evolved into it's own body of work. Ya'll love D'Angelo right? How you think VooDoo was made? Literally by him and Questlove and his band playing Covers of Stevie and Miles Davis and shit until they started remixing it to the point it sounded new but at the same time still had it's influence there.

·
Registered
19,967 Posts
not even referring to Denzel here but i think Kanye's recent tweets about taking ideas to be setting a dangerous precedent, what happens to the little guy who's art gets "stolen" without credit?

·
Registered
29,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Toro100 said:
OP does not know what a sample is. The genre was built on this. Stealing and sampling are two different things. Lock thread
U don't know how to read because I mentioned sampling in my post

·
Registered
29,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lil yzy vert said:
Agreed but still need to differentiate Sampling and Biting
Well look at it this way, Kanye himself said "I sample a lot and people always saying you biting you biting, but essential Hip hop is based off of biting"

so....yea

·
Registered
29,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Toro100 said:
OP does not know what a sample is. The genre was built on this. Stealing and sampling are two different things. Lock thread
Choose a username said:
And then you have those who sample, which is technically a form of stealing. Wether you give credit or not stealing is stealing and we need to stop slandering artist for "stealing".......honestly idk if we should even call it stealing.
See homie if u just read u wouldn't be lost

1 - 20 of 67 Posts