Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have a feeling that having a taste of this mainstream popularity and all this extra money he's probably getting that we might not get another album that is as lyrical or tells a story like "The Cool" did. I really like lupe but i'd just like some stuff that can compare to any of his older work.

·
Premium Member
19,204 Posts
You guys act like he forgot how to mind fuck

You act like he started a new Pop life career after Lasers

Shut up and have patience, you will not be disappointed

THIS IS THE SAME ***** THAT MADE FOOD & LIQUOR

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Newlopw said:
[vimeo]17132248[/vimeo]
:allears:
Bust said:

·
Registered
23,388 Posts
Bust said:

this is what i was trying to tell people before. listen to anything before during and after lasers. his features and solo tracks. lupe hasnt changed a bit. just because he dropped an album that didnt fully live up to the previous ones, doesnt mean he lost his lyrical ability or something

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
JCM said:
this is what i was trying to tell people before. listen to anything before during and after lasers. his features and solo tracks. lupe hasnt changed a bit. just because he dropped an album that didnt fully live up to the previous ones, doesnt mean he lost his lyrical ability or something
As long as he's motivated to do it (tracks for friends like Travis Barker or releases for the fans) the art will come, otherwise no.
Best example: Never Forget You. A song with The Fugees' producer and John Legend on the hook couldn't hide the fact that Lupe was being forced into the booth at gunpoint.

·
Registered
23,388 Posts
KGBoston said:
As long as he's motivated to do it (tracks for friends like Travis Barker or releases for the fans) the art will come, otherwise no.
Best example: Never Forget You. A song with The Fugees' producer and John Legend on the hook couldn't hide the fact that Lupe was being forced into the booth at gunpoint.
very good example. as long as he has creative freedom and the motivation, he'll be dropping great stuff

·
Premium Member
19,204 Posts
JCM said:
agreed, even though a lot of people think Lasers sucks I personally think Lasers is a beautiful mainstream album

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
JCM said:
very good example. as long as he has creative freedom and the motivation, he'll be dropping great stuff
He will, F&L Intro>>>>>>

Bust said:
agreed, even though a lot of people think Lasers sucks I personally think Lasers is a beautiful mainstream album
Exactly, ppl ignore the fact that Lasers is a mainstream album, it's not fair to compare it with the very best of xyz rapper, and ignore everything else. I think if you put Lasers against most mainstream albums it still comes through.

·
Premium Member
19,204 Posts
KGBoston said:
He will, F&L Intro>>>>>>
Exactly, ppl ignore the fact that Lasers is a mainstream album, it's not fair to compare it with the very best of xyz rapper, and ignore everything else. I think if you put Lasers against most mainstream albums it still comes through.
agreed, that's why I don't really bother coming to this section anymore, it's either people bitching about how bad they want Lupe to go back to his old ways

or it's about people bitching about how they want OG lasers and blah blah blah

shit's really annoying

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Bust said:
agreed, that's why I don't really bother coming to this section anymore, it's either people bitching about how bad they want Lupe to go back to his old ways

or it's about people bitching about how they want OG lasers and blah blah blah

shit's really annoying
I don't blame ya for not posting here as much dude....and yeah, the complainin and the whinin is annoyin as hell tbqh.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I'll be honest, I don't mind Lasers in the slightest, yet while I do want the OG version, I'm fine with the one we got. It may not of been what we expected, but hell, it still enjoyable, even if its a mainstream album.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The Great American Fiasco said:
I don't blame ya for not posting here as much dude....and yeah, the complainin and the whinin is annoyin as hell tbqh.
lol your avy confused me, that was Skip's avy on KLive back when his name was SkiptomyLu

1 - 20 of 53 Posts