Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
1

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not listening to WZRD and when I am (or just listened to it).

When I don't, I think "it should have been better in some departments", but when I do listen to it, I enjoy it to the fullest and think it's amazing (except L&L and some drums).

Any of you have the same experience?

I do think they need to hire a drummer for WZRD2, though, or at least some features. I want a really wild track with raging drums.
These drums are fun, but another album full of lo-fi hiphop-ish drums, will probably be somewhat boring, at least to me.
Cudi'll get better at guitar and I think there will be more than just some looping (or larger variety in one riff) in their next project, especially if we get some Mike Stroud featuring or something.
 
1

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RealRager said:
so you do enjoy the album :huh:
Yeah, but it's not legendary to me. Have to say I don't really call an album "legendary" very fast.
I'm just weird I guess, but you know, I want to know if I'm not alone, which is what Cudi('s section) is for, right?

With an amazing drummer and more guitar skills (and perhaps a different lyrical style), who knows what will become of WZRD?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,157 Posts
Cray-z said:
Yeah, but it's not legendary to me. Have to say I don't really call an album "legendary" very fast.
I'm just weird I guess, but you know, I want to know if I'm not alone, which is what Cudi('s section) is for, right?
LOL no it's okay. To each their own :kanyeshrug:

To answer your question is it on that "classic" status -- no it's not. Is it a good album? YES. But was it a game changer? No.

Then again ITS STILL really early to even think about ranking it like that.

I hope I answered your question loool
 
1

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RealRager said:
LOL no it's okay. To each their own :kanyeshrug:

To answer your question is it on that "classic" status -- no it's not. Is it a good album? YES. But was it a game changer? No.

Then again ITS STILL really early to even think about ranking it like that.

I hope I answered your question loool
I didn't ask if it was a classic, my articulation isn't always that clear, though.
It's definitely not a classic, but I like it and it's definitely not as bad as some are saying, in my opinion, so I guess we have about the same opinion? ha
 
1

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RoyalSavant said:
I see what you're saying WZRD 2 has the potential to be a lot better.
I think it definitely will be. He's further in his progress and I have the feeling there will be loads of extra creativity coming with skill.
But neither Dot nor Cud is a drummer, so I think that's a dangerous area if they truly want to become "changers".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,157 Posts
Cray-z said:
I didn't ask if it was a classic, my articulation isn't always that clear, though.
It's definitely not a classic, but I like it and it's definitely not as bad as some are saying, in my opinion, so I guess we have about the same opinion? ha
Ahh when you called it "legendary" it threw me off but we're on the same page :salute: we both believe it's a good album and could've been EVEN better if Cudi went lyrcially deeper.

Then again you gotta know that this project was rushed by the label and he's still recovering from writer's block
 
1

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RealRager said:
Ahh when you called it "legendary" it threw me off but we're on the same page :salute: we both believe it's a good album and could've been EVEN better if Cudi went lyrcially deeper.

Then again you gotta know that this project was rushed by the label and he's still recovering from writer's block
Yeah, I see that, and even though I liked PITW, you can see some clear improvement already and I'm guessing he's still growing. If Dr Pill wasn't that distorted, I think more people would have the same opinion (I love Dr Pill though, my fave off the album), since it's the latest song they created for the album.
About the lyrics, I think he'll be a better rock lyricist, you can see he was going for some clever (hiphopish) lines in there, while I think rock (or whatever music they are trying to make for WZRD) songs should be more about the "whole". Another type of poetry.
Ooh, and they should ask for a Daft Punk production, a Human After All (album)-ish WZRD song? I'd marry that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,157 Posts
Cray-z said:
Yeah, I see that, and even though I liked PITW, you can see some clear improvement already and I'm guessing he's still growing. If Dr Pill wasn't that distorted, I think more people would have the same opinion (I love Dr Pill though, my fave off the album), since it's the latest song they created for the album.
About the lyrics, I think he'll be a better rock lyricist, you can see he was going for some clever (hiphopish) lines in there, while I think rock (or whatever music they are trying to make for WZRD) songs should be more about the "whole". Another type of poetry.
Ooh, and they should ask for a Daft Punk production, a Human After All (album)-ish WZRD song? I'd marry that.

I didn't mind PITW :tash:

He's definately improving, now I'm no guitar player and I'm ignorant as fuck when it comes to that shit but I don't care if the shit's simple if it sounds good it sounds good :kanyeshrug:

Hopefully WZRD 2 goes smoothly :ohno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75,333 Posts
Really do hope WZRD 2 is better, I can't lie, I'd be disappointed if it isn't.

Cray-z said:
Ooh, and they should ask for a Daft Punk production, a Human After All (album)-ish WZRD song? I'd marry that.
That'd be dope :allears:

Thing is, a lot of us expected a Ratatat or MGMT collab and that was a big stretch, the collab we did get (Empire Of The Sun) wasn't as huge as it could have been. As far as I know they added all the ambient sounds, the drums, bass, and guitar were already set in by Cudi and Dot, which leads me to believe this -

It seems like the whole WZRD brand likes to keep things in house, and for the most part they wanted to prove themselves which is why there wasn't a major feature, additional guitarist or real drums. As an amateur artist I kinda' understand that, I sometimes don't like to collab or let people add to my creation because I feel like it'll take away what effort I put it.

Thing is, are Cudi and Dot really in the position to call themselves amateurs, a lot of people wouldn't have minded if they created a super group. But whatever :okay:
 
1

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RealRager said:
I didn't mind PITW :tash:

He's definately improving, now I'm no guitar player and I'm ignorant as fuck when it comes to that shit but I don't care if the shit's simple if it sounds good it sounds good :kanyeshrug:

Hopefully WZRD 2 goes smoothly :ohno:
I'm pretty sure WZRD2 will be having a way more natural feeling it.
It would be better if he wasn't with Universal, though. Look at St Vincent, etc, who are with indie labels, those artists have the most inspired albums. Would probably take more time for albums, at least in the beginning, but bigger chances for exceptional music.
And simplicity rocks. Why whine about complexity? Creativity over EVERYTHING!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,808 Posts
im the same way, OP.
i think the fact that they decided to create it on the bus and make it kinda dingy and dirty is cool, but there's a major trade-off in the sense that at the end of the day, you're not getting a high-quality sounding album.
hopefully they'll decide to actually use high-quality studios to record and create the sequel.
although, i could deff see them deciding to make it on the WZRD tour. which would be a cool experience for cudi cuz he'll be rocking on stage and then creating new rock music on his way to his next show, a real rockstar experience, but it takes a hit on the quality for sure.

on a different note, though, i can't stress enough how much more i like MOTM than WZRD ha
 
1

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ManicMojo said:
Really do hope WZRD 2 is better, I can't lie, I'd be disappointed if it isn't.

That'd be dope :allears:

Thing is, a lot of us expected a Ratatat or MGMT collab and that was a big stretch, the collab we did get (Empire Of The Sun) wasn't as huge as it could have been. As far as I know they added all the ambient sounds, the drums, bass, and guitar were already set in by Cudi and Dot, which leads me to believe this -

It seems like the whole WZRD brand likes to keep things in house, and for the most part they wanted to prove themselves which is why there wasn't a major feature, additional guitarist or real drums. As an amateur artist I kinda' understand that, I sometimes don't like to collab or let people add to my creation because I feel like it'll take away what effort I put it.

Thing is, are Cudi and Dot really in the position to call themselves amateurs, a lot of people wouldn't have minded if they created a super group. But whatever :okay:
It'd be pure awesomeness.
At first I thought it was without Ratatat, until there was the WZRD thread over here, I believe it was called "Wizard (KiD CuDi X Dot Da Genius X Ratatat)", so I thought I was missing some news, even if Cudi said "I'm creating my own band, and I'm starting a band with Ratatat, but that's its own thing".

Their ego shouldn't be in their way, or they should expand the WZRD band with one or even more members. It'd make the live performances more natural, as well, I guess.
Like a new drummer and bass guitar player, you'd have this:
Cudi: lead guitar & vocals
Dot: keyboard
X: drums
X: bass/backing guitar

...or just add Evan & Mike :he:
 
1

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mr. Rager said:
im the same way, OP.
i think the fact that they decided to create it on the bus and make it kinda dingy and dirty is cool, but there's a major trade-off in the sense that at the end of the day, you're not getting a high-quality sounding album.
hopefully they'll decide to actually use high-quality studios to record and create the sequel.
although, i could deff see them deciding to make it on the WZRD tour. which would be a cool experience for cudi cuz he'll be rocking on stage and then creating new rock music on his way to his next show, a real rockstar experience, but it takes a hit on the quality for sure.

on a different note, though, i can't stress enough how much more i like MOTM than WZRD ha
I don't think I like the MOTM's more, haha, with Cudi music it depends on my mood, in the end his albums actually all are very different from eachother, which I think is great.
I like a raw sound, but I get it if you (and others) don't. I don't think it's the major issue, though.
Plus, Cudder needs to grunge on a track, ha.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,121 Posts
I couldnt listen to wzrd anymore because I got so angry.  cudi has so much unwasted potential but he wasted it on a pathetic album of power chords.  t2m is the best song on the album by far and thats saying a lot considering its not even his song.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,808 Posts
Cray-z said:
I don't think I like the MOTM's more, haha, with Cudi music it depends on my mood, in the end his albums actually all are very different from eachother, which I think is great.
I like a raw sound, but I get it if you (and others) don't. I don't think it's the major issue, though.
Plus, Cudder needs to grunge on a track, ha.
no no i do like a raw sound, but .... ugh i just tried to explain it and erased cuz it doesn't make sense. whatever. its not a big deal.
you like wzrd more than the MOTM's?
 
1

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mr. Rager said:
no no i do like a raw sound, but .... ugh i just tried to explain it and erased cuz it doesn't make sense. whatever. its not a big deal.
you like wzrd more than the MOTM's?
I don't like it more, it's sort of a tie. I think the MOTM's are better, but I like them equally or something close. Just my taste, I guess. And I actually see potential in the WZRD brand, as long as they keep improving.
 
1

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wondr said:
man i agree with you, i really want them to get a drummer
what kind of drummer do you think would fit them best?
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top