Kanye to The banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it sounds pretty possible he was going with the whole boombap old school hip hop thing when he was with her
now the album is more about a girl and relationships

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i really don't know i just know they're not together anymore and in the video with the popular beat they were obviously together and that was old school now since the relationship is over this just sounds more emotional than what his next cd was really gonna be it won't be the first time a relationship has affected kanyes music

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Amber recently tweeted about how she loved Kanye and he showed her a life she never would have dreamed- lol- but yeah i don't doubt it

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeahh i mean any new kanye is good don't get me wrong but its just probably the reason why everyones so mad at the tracklist and how premo or qtip aren't on the album now because its a whole different style than what everybody originally expected

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Well he had most of the songs done when they were still together, he just kept going back and forth with the features and perfecting the beats, I don't think the album would be affected much, maybe the new features like the Dueces remix!

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know if they're not bonus tracks hopefully they would be on WTT but chain heavy is produced by premo so idk if that will ever see the light of day

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm just saying maybe the final tracklisting was affected by that because he wants a different feel for the album even tho those songs were probably already finished because the album is far from old school boombap like he said it would be

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Well tbh I never liked this whole "old school boombap" thing, market for it is too small! and if he said he wanted to be greatest artist of all time then old school is definitely not the way to go and I think he realized that! He wants represent "Pop culture" in all aspects!

p.s. Last thing we want is something like 50's attempt to go old school with "before I self destruct" lol

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol i don't think its possible for ye to ever be that bad i guess i was just looking for a more aggresive kanye west i mean i'll buy the cd regardless anything he puts out will be good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts