Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just listened to Pink Friday: RR and I came to the conclusion that I hate when albums today try to hard to satisfy everyone. Too often I've seen people like Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj, and other singers try to blend R&B, rap, pop and even Alternative thinking it shows diversity.

If a musician wants to make one or 2 pop songs on a majority rap album, at least make it feel like it somewhat fits in with the rest of the album. Problem is most people try to make it half and half, then it makes the album feel clusmy and thrown together (i.e. Chris Brown's Graffiti and F.A.M.E., where the albums lacks any true flow or transition to the least). If you were to listen to half the albums today straight through from beginning to end, they feel like complete opposites and almost come off cringe worthy.

If you want to want to make a pop album, make it pop. If it's a rap album, make it rap. Just stop making albums have ADHD singles with no real focus.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reindeer of the Roc said:
...why did you listen to Pink Friday RR in the first place? :notsureif:
Seeing if my opinion would change about the album, I didn't hear the snippets at first

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CT said:
You hate MBDTF?
not at all, nothing felt too far left field. What I mean is like imagine album where the first half is like MBDTF, and the rest is like Teenage Dream.

·
Registered
56,550 Posts
For me it only adds to the creativity of the artist, now I understand if they do it badly then nobody is going to listen to that shit (Including me). But, If they actually have something going for themselves with it like (In Search Of, ect) then that its bomb and I might listen to it on repeat.

Overall music is music either you like it or don't so yea.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I JUST finished listening to the album... my head is all over the place it sounds like she was smokin crack when she made this album the raps sucked and half of the rest of the album was house music like the guy said I  t's literally:1-7 '    Rap'8-9 R&B  10-19 House nuff said I think the album is garbage and the sad part is people are going to love it and talk good about it just because....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts