Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
according to kanyes label, if Ye wants to release his album with tha cover art he has chosen its ok with them, as long he as hes aware that retailers have tha right not to stock their shelves wit MBDTF

Rapper Kanye West claimed his record label banned the proposed cover art for his upcoming album, but the label said he can use the cover if he wants to, the Los Angeles Times reported late Sunday.
"Yoooo they banned my album cover!!!!! Ima tweet it in a few," West wrote Sunday night on Twitter. Three hours later, he posted a link to his proposed cover art for "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy," a painting of a reclining nude man being straddled by a winged nude woman with a tail.
"Banned in the USA!!! They don't want me chilling on the couch with my phoenix," he wrote.
West continued to argue for the cover, writing, "In the 70s album covers had actual nudity... It's so funny that people forget that" and alluded to the cover of Nirvana's "Nevermind," which featured a photo of a nude baby on its cover.
An anonymous representative for West's label, Island Def Jam, told the Los Angeles Times that the label strongly urged him to consider a different cover, but told him if he wanted to use his proposed cover, "the label would stand behind him."
According to the source, the label's issue was that mass-market retailers like Best Buy and Walmart could decide not to stock the album due to the cover. On Twitter, West was less concerned.
"In all honesty ... I really don't be thinking about Wal-Mart when I make my music or album covers," he wrote.
"My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" is set to be released on Nov. 22.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/music/kanye_west_says_upcoming_album_cover_r2jiw9YJqXZQGI9MFjy69I

·
Registered
47,303 Posts
Is it possible for places like Walmart to keep the album in the back of the store, so people can request the album without it being publically displayed?

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
There goes his chances at platinum in a week. I'll be happy if he gets 500k+ at this point. No Wal-Mart? No Best Buy? Damn Ye, even your superficial tweets are super official.

·
Registered
23,216 Posts
be cool if he keeps the cover he wants. Its his album cover. No one elses. Idk where i will get it if best buy & wal-mart refuse to sell it though. lol. Circuit City closed. Guess Target may have it. Ugh. lol

·
Registered
28,422 Posts
Pretty ballsy move if he decides to keep it. I think he will. FUCK IT, I hope he does. As far as pop artist today goes tho cleary with this move Kanye>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else

·
Banned
20,397 Posts
Timesitheus said:
There goes his chances at platinum in a week. I'll be happy if he gets 500k+ at this point. No Wal-Mart? No Best Buy? Damn Ye, even your superficial tweets are super official.
he had no shot for a mil in a week anyways

·
Registered
47,303 Posts
▲FlyMx said:
Pretty ballsy move if he decides to keep it. I think he will. FUCK IT, I hope he does. As far as pop artist today goes tho cleary with this move Kanye>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else
Kanye should do what Eminem did. For the front and back, have alternative covers. The back cover can be the original, and the front cover (which will be shown in stores) will be the alternative.

·
Registered
11,716 Posts
Albert McFly™ said:
Kanye should do what Eminem did. For the front and back, have alternative covers. The back cover can be the original, and the front cover (which will be shown in stores) will be the alternative.
i like that idea. i just don't wanna see that picture on my iphone when im bumpin it or on the shelves. it's just too weird for me.
keep that picture for the inside booklet or the back with the tracklist or something.

G

·
Who buys there's CD's at Wal-mart??? All there albums are censored...I remember when I bought Lupe's The Cool album at Wal-Mart only to go back home and find out it wasn't the explicit version...I was pissed...the next week I went to Best Buy I got the exclusive version.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Albert McFly™ said:
Agreed. & plus you can always replace the art with the "banned" one on iTunes if it matters that much. Shit,even print it out and have it as a poster if you like it that much.

·
Registered
28,422 Posts
UltraKid said:
Who buys there's CD's at Wal-mart??? All there albums are censored...I remember when I bought Lupe's The Cool album at Wal-Mart only to go back home and find out it wasn't the explicit version...I was pissed...the next week I went to Best Buy I got the exclusive version.
why didn't you bring it back to walmart for your money back

·
Registered
47,303 Posts
UltraKid said:
I know what you mean, I bought Eminem's "Encore" from Walmart and went home to find out it was censored. Maybe Walmart is too "family-oriented"?

·
Registered
851 Posts
If he keeps the cover and it sells well then it would be a big step in stopping bullshit censorship these days, that's just my take on it.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, the cover is not that important, it's the music that matters. If he proceeds with this retarded cover then I will agree Kanye does not only care about sales, which I respect.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
i hope this all is some elaborate joke and he just releases a completely different and amazing cover a week before the album release.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts