Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm guessing a lot of you youngins didn't catch the meaning of the first few bars and didn't understand why that line sounds distorted. It's not a mastering error and it's done on purpose.

It's supposed to sound like they sampled the line from "All I Need" from The Blueprint (2001) but I guess they just added distortion to it to give it that "old" effect since it wasn't actually sampled from the track.

PROOF: "I guess I got my swagger back". TRUTH.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I got that on first listen. I was surprised so many here were being noobs. I guess that shows who really listens to Jay's lyrics and who just skimmed through it...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dr99 said:
wait so people didn't realise this? have people legit been complaining about this?
yeah I've seen a few people complaining about the distortion / "mastering".

·
Registered
722 Posts
pesos said:
yeah I've seen a few people complaining about the distortion / "mastering".
No offence but like half of the kids here (including me) have very little idea of what well mastered music sounds like.

"BUT I LISTEN TO MUSIC ON BEATS BY DRE!!!"
:cmon:

·
Premium Member
91,083 Posts
dr99 said:
No offence but like half of the kids here (including me) have very little idea of what well mastered music sounds like.

loool this

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dr99 said:

lol well I can see how some might think the distortion was a "mastering error" but obviously it was on purpose.

any beat produced by Dr. Dre has CRAZY clarity and engineering. Chronic 2001 and a lot of Dre produced tracks from 50 during the original G-Unit/Aftermath era are great. Kush sounds amazing too. It's no wonder his headphones are the best in the game too.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mids89ohio said:
im only 22 but over the last week ive sadly learned most ppl here are from 15 - 20
lol I learned that a long time ago, which is why I don't post too much because a lot of what goes on in here is child's play. but it's good to see that the sophistication of Kanye's music actually resonates with young kids.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts