Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Banned
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's not revoke my stan card just yet cause I'ma explain.

I was with my friend talking about music and i said Views is the best album this decade because it kind of is (but it isn't). He said it's not even Papi's best album and it's not a good album because it doesn't have substance. I been heard that too often so I pressed him for an explanation, after awhile he was finally able to to put it in words.

He looked me in the windows of my soul and said it's all about chicks and bragging and compared to his other albums is lacking in Drake sharing himself like he did soooo much on Thank Me Later, Take Care and Nothing Was the Same.

There's no personal songs that seperates Drake from everyone because of how relatable he is like these:

Sooner Than Later 🎶🎶
The Resistance (his best song)
Shot for You (which was about women but way more himself),
Marvins Room :cryfam:,
The Real Her 😭😭🔥🔥
Look What You've Done :cryfam:
You & The 6 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

No really storytelling songs that prove he's the best in music lyrically like these:

Successful 🙌💰💰
Say What's Real 🔥
The Calm 😱😨🔥🔥
The Ride 😊😊😉☺
Started from the Bottom :whew:
From Time :cryfam:
Connect :cryfam:
Too Much :damn:
Paris Morton Music 2 :banderas:

Nothing on Views was even on par with everything he's done before :oh:. You can't tell me he had a high up level song like the ones above on the album. I might be the only one but my top 10 didn't change after Views and now I realize why.
      This is Papi's peak era where he dominants like never before and he didn't deliver on this at all. Sure we got hits like he's always delivered but we're not getting anything else like we used to.

I finally understand the criticism and It's one of those things once you see it you can't unsee it, I don't know if I could listen to Views the same let me know what y'all think about this :damn:.

·
Banned
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In.

Sorry for the long read I cut as much personal thoughts as I could and kept what happened and the main idea to the forefront.

Views is phenomenal for sure not knocking the album It's just for the lack of Papi's story songs it's missing that peice.

·
Banned
4,886 Posts
I agree. He attempted to recreate those personal moments with U With Me and Weston Road flows but fell short. Drake even tried to show his lyrical prowess through tracks like Views and that's the most forgettable track on the whole album. We didn't see Drake at his best on this album and it's clear that he can do better

·
Registered
35,499 Posts
rich boi said:
We didn't see Drake at his best on this album and it's clear that he can do better

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yeah you're definitely right. While I still love Views a lot, it doesn't have the same personal feel as his other albums. Like you said, the personal and emotional songs are always my favourite songs on each album and they're what elevates Drake far above almost every other musician to me. Braggadocios stunting Drake is fun, but not isn't really special like his personal work.

·
Banned
18,868 Posts
rich boi said:
I agree. He attempted to recreate those personal moments with U With Me and Weston Road flows but fell short. Drake even tried to show his lyrical prowess through tracks like Views and that's the most forgettable track on the whole album. We didn't see Drake at his best on this album and it's clear that he can do better
This is all everybody who isnt a diehard stan have been saying, but then we all get called haters or w/e

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Earth Angel said:
There's no personal songs that seperates Drake from everyone because of how relatable he is like these:

It's what happens when you singing what you didn't write, you don't feel it the same way​

·
Banned
26,214 Posts
Earth Angel said:
I finally understand the criticism and It's one of those things once you see it you can't unsee it, I don't know if I could listen to Views the same let me know what y'all think about this :damn:.
Breh chill I agree with the criticism but don't let anyone else's opinion change yours

·
Banned
4,886 Posts
Scott Raiden said:
This is all everybody who isnt a diehard stan have been saying, but then we all get called haters or w/e
Delusional Drake stans like Vietbrah will lie straight to your face and swear this album was a classic. I'd rather not accept mediocrity from the artist who gave me Marvins Room and Headlines

·
Banned
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
og juan said:
Views is dope asf y'all crazy
It is, I love all the songs on it, but it's still missing some if that makes sense. Views still the best album this year just not Papi's best.

·
Banned
26,214 Posts
imo the biggest flaw of Views is that there's not an "it could happen to you" moment on here that Drake is known to have, he sounds way too cocky and arrogant to the point where it affects your listening experience cause he's presented as the main or good guy. Like if the main character of a movie was an asshole or whatever. Also the songwriting wasn't that great in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
U right , BUT drake explained in the zane interview he wasnt makin songs that stand out, they are songs with a constant stream of consciousness

·
Registered
34,867 Posts
This album gave us U With Me?, Feel No Ways, Fire & Desire, Redemption, Controlla, One Dance, and Hype :dash:
Y'all trippin

I'd say it's too long

·
Banned
18,868 Posts
rich boi said:
Delusional Drake stans like Vietbrah will lie straight to your face and swear this album was a classic. I'd rather not accept mediocrity from the artist who gave me Marvins Room and Headlines
I feel the same way fam.

Drake has given us great music before and the funny thing I dont even think he has made his best possible album yet. I just hope he doesnt decide to go into a Jay Z esque cruise control musically after how successful views was.

·
Premium Member
68,701 Posts
rich boi said:
now if say these exact words you would be in my inbox with gun emojis

·
Registered
10,029 Posts
Earth Angel said:
It is, I love all the songs on it, but it's still missing some if that makes sense. Views still the best album this year just not Papi's best.
Did you watch his interview with Zane Lowe? I got what I expected, read fader interview he told us his plans writing wise, 40's new york times specified the direction.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts