Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe as a Deluxe version of LASERS, or maybe a mixtape. B/C i've been thinking alot about how the original Lasers album that he intially handed in, sounded like. I bet you a milli it prob was 1000x better than the retail version That got released.

Wat ya'll think.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discopimp said:
Maybe is as a Deluxe version of LASERS, or maybe a mixtape. B/C i've been thinking alot about how the original Lasers album that he intially handed in, sounded like. I bet you a milli it prob was 1000x better than the retail version That got released.

Wat ya'll think.
Atlantic will probably have it in the vault for the next 40-50 years. Don't hold your breath.

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
I don't understand why he can't release 'em as mixtapes... I really don't. I mean is Atlantic really holding his music down to that extent that he can not release his voice for free?

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
ManicMojo said:
I don't understand why he can't release 'em as mixtapes... I really don't. I mean is Atlantic really holding his music down to that extent that he can not release his voice for free?
Quite a few tracks that didn't end up making Lasers have actually leaked, tbh.

But not the vast majority of 'em.

I'm sure there has to be some type of mutual agreement first before someone just drops OG album cuts, even if unreleased, on a tape for free.  I'm sure it's fully in the realm of possibility though, 'cause plenty of rappers have.

Lu has just chosen not to, tbh.  He's honestly quite stingy like that with his music. :dno:

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
Coldplay Expert said:
Quite a few tracks that didn't end up making Lasers have actually leaked, tbh.

But not the vast majority of 'em.

I'm sure there has to be some type of mutual agreement first before someone just drops OG album cuts, even if unreleased, on a tape for free.  I'm sure it's fully in the realm of possibility though, 'cause plenty of rappers have.

Lu has just chosen not to, tbh.  He's honestly quite stingy like that with his music. :dno:
Like Stereo Sun right? and yes, I do believe he is really stingy.

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
ManicMojo said:
Like Stereo Sun right? and yes, I do believe he is really stingy.
Yeah!
Stereo Sun
Nothin' on You
Airplanes
Love Letter to the Beat
Who Are You Now? is actually a track Lu gave away for free himself.  That's the only one I can think of though. He's definitely not in that type of "mood" to do that often.

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
Coldplay Expert said:
Yeah!
Stereo Sun
Nothin' on You
Airplanes
Love Letter to the Beat
Who Are You Now? is actually a track Lu gave away for free himself.  That's the only one I can think of though. He's definitely not in that type of "mood" to do that often.
Ah I completely forgot about Nothing on You and Airplanes.

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
ManicMojo said:
Ah I completely forgot about Nothing on You and Airplanes.
Airplanes is my personal favorite of those, actually. 
Oh, I also forgot about Just The Way You Are, too. That was an original Lu track intended for Lasers that got released as the remix anyhow.

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
Coldplay Expert said:
Airplanes is my personal favorite of those, actually. 
Oh, I also forgot about Just The Way You Are, too. That was an original Lu track intended for Lasers that got released as the remix anyhow.
Forgot about that one too, I confuse those 3 haha. Pop songs.  :fly:
Airplanes would probably be my favorite as well.

·
Premium Member
8,611 Posts
His label blamed him enough for leaking tracks that he didn't leak. Don't think he wants to put himself through that bullshit again.

And people need to gtfo with the "stingy with their music" when they're talking about artists. ESPECIALLY when they're talking about trying to get music for god damn free. Like wtf, it's the dude's job, not his charity service.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Doom said:
His label blamed him enough for leaking tracks that he didn't leak. Don't think he wants to put himself through that bullshit again.

And people need to gtfo with the "stingy with their music" when they're talking about artists. ESPECIALLY when they're talking about trying to get music for god damn free. Like wtf, it's the dude's job, not his charity service.
so people make music to sit in there laptop honestly he can release the music as a thankyou to his fans for buying shitty ass Lasers,a and raging against atlantic with him. Honestly what i would do is release og lasers as a remix album and put it out for retail

·
Premium Member
8,611 Posts
Discopimp said:
so people make music to sit in there laptop honestly he can release the music as a thankyou to his fans for buying shitty ass Lasers,a and raging against atlantic with him. Honestly what i would do is release og lasers as a remix album and put it out for retail
Oh idk, maybe his label would sue him over the fact that that's music that they have the distribution rights to.

:|

·
Registered
23,388 Posts
TBM said:
I'm cool with the OG Lasers never coming out. Lupe can just move on to F&L 2
Yeah, its just time to get out of this era.

Would be nice if he leaked more of the tracks though. However I DON'T want him to out leftovers on FOTP or F&LII. If he wants to leak tracks, make a separate tape or something with them

1 - 20 of 29 Posts