Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this isn't thread worthy  :button: and I know a lot of you will disagree with me  :kanyeshrug: but hear me out :tash:.

I don't want the Runaway film to come out until on the day of or after November 22nd when the album is released. Why? I believe there are seven songs in the Runaway film, 4-5 I haven't heard (I didn't listen to leaks  :sarc2:). And rumor has it I/we will hear those songs sometime in late October, a good month before the album is released.

So.

Let me get this straight. If Runaway the music video is released sometime in later October, and I watch it, I will have heard about a third or more of the songs that will be released in November. Is that correct? I guess I just don't like that. It will make buying the album way less mindblowing. And yes, I know I can simply avoid watching the video, and I may have to, but from Kanye's point of view, about 40% of his album is going to be available to the public through a music video...what keeps those people from just stripping the audio or something like that? I mean, I guess album hype will go up, but won't it go down too since people have already heard a bunch of songs from it?

Say what you will. I want Runaway to be a November 23rd release  :sarc2:

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Its only snippets I'm pretty sure, and if anything it's going to help Kanyes sales if its played on MTV in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Herbie said:
Its only snippets I'm pretty sure, and if anything it's going to help Kanyes sales if its played on MTV in 2 weeks.
That makes me feel a little better..........................I guess :(

·
Banned
23,979 Posts
I agree you with man! I want to listen to the album all the way through before watching the Runaway short film. I don't know what I'm gonna do  :button:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
NO ONE MAN SAYS THE MOVIE IS COMING EARLIER THEN THE ALBUM

NOT SO CRAZY

BUT I THINK THE MOVIE WILL COME EXACTLY 7 DAYS BEFOR THE ALBUM DROPS

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I gotta watch it so the day after I can defend him against all the idiots at school who will only have saw it because it comes on right after the Jersey Shore finale lmao

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I actually want the film to come in about two weeks. To hear the snippets and get a feel for the album, then listening to the bigger picture and how the songs flow together intrigues me. But if the full songs are being played, then I agree with you.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
im not watching runaway until i buy it on november 22nd, havent listened to leaks so far and dont plan on listening to 7 snippets.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts