Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was looking down the credits in each song in WTT and i found so many writers, i've seen this in many other albums as well, but to what degree do these other writers help Jay and Kanye, bc if they helping a significant about i don't understand why people praise certain artists lyrical ability.

No. Title Writer(s) Producer(s) Length
1. "No Church in the Wild" (featuring Frank Ocean) Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Charles Njapa, Michael Dean, Christopher Breaux, Terius Nash, G. Wright, P. Manzanera, James Brown, Joseph Roach 88-Keys, Kanye West, Mike Dean 4:32
2. "Lift Off" (featuring Beyoncé) West, Carter, Jeff Bhasker, M. Dean, Pharrell Williams, Peter Hernandez, Seal Samuel Kanye West, Jeff Bhasker, Mike Dean, Q-Tip (co.), Pharrell (co.), Don Jazzy (add.) 4:26
3. "****** in Paris" West, Carter, Chauncey Hollis, M. Dean, W.A. Donaldson Hit-Boy, Kanye West, Mike Dean, Anthony Kilhoffer (add.) 3:39
4. "Otis" (featuring Otis Redding) West, Carter, Harry Woods, Jimmy Campbell, Reg Connelly, Kirk Robinson, Roy Hammond, Brown, Roach Kanye West 2:58
5. "Gotta Have It" West, Carter, Williams, Brown, Roach, Tony Pinckney, Fred Wesley The Neptunes, Kanye West (co.) 2:20
6. "New Day" West, Carter, Robert Diggs, M. Dean, Leslie Bricusse, Anthony Newley Kanye West, RZA, Mike Dean, Ken Lewis (add.) 4:32
7. "That's My Bitch" West, Carter, Kamaal Fareed, Bhasker, Justin Vernon, Brown, Bobby Byrd, Ronald Lenhoff, Jeremiah Lordan Kanye West, Q-Tip, Jeff Bhasker (co.) 3:22
8. "Welcome to the Jungle" West, Carter, Kasseem Dean, M. Dean Swizz Beatz 2:54
9. "Who Gon Stop Me" West, Carter, Shama Joseph, M. Dean, Maurice Simmonds, Joshua Kierkegaard Shama "Sak Pase" Joseph, Kanye West, Mike Dean (add.) 4:16
10. "Murder to Excellence" West, Carter, K. Dean, Larry Griffin Jr., Scott Mescudi, Quincy Jones, Harvey Mason, Jr., Joel Rosenbaum, Caiphus Semenya, Bill Summers, Mihaela Modorcea, Gabriela Modorcea 'Murder' produced by Swizz Beatz
'Excellence' produced by S1 5:00
11. "Made in America" (featuring Frank Ocean) West, Carter, Joseph, M. Dean, Breaux Shama "Sak Pase" Joseph, Mike Dean (add.) 4:52
12. "Why I Love You" (featuring Mr Hudson) West, Carter, M. Dean, Philippe Cerboneschi, Hubert Blanc-Francard, Tony Camillo, Mary Sawyer Mike Dean, Kanye West, Anthony Kilhoffer (co.) 3:21

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watch_the_Throne#Track_listing

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
like what are these writers exactly helping them with

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah true, but this always made me think so i thought maybe someone out here know what the writers help with

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
i opened months ago a thread

and said

kanye never produced..a beat..ore even lyrics

he is just a trademark thats presenting

he raps and sings thats all

·
Banned
11,371 Posts
Loob

I think people have little inputs for example saying a certain word would fit better there or change something to make it flow better :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
109,058 Posts
If somebody makes even a small tweak, they have to be credited.

Like do you honestly believe LMFAO did a huge portion of the production? More than likely, Kanye was already working with them, they were at the recording sessions, they probably said something like "X could be better if you did Y" and they got credit for that.

Same thing goes for any additional writing credits.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sky said:

Like do you honestly believe LMFAO did a huge portion of the production? More than likely, Kanye was already working with them, they were at the recording sessions, they probably said something like "X could be better if you did Y" and they got credit for that.

i don't know seem kinda shady

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
people who wrote the music get credit too..not just lyric writers and all the writers on the lyrics and music from all the samples get credit as well...kanye and jay wrote their own verses

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
ghostrider said:
like what are these writers exactly helping them with
It can be everything from a keyboard line to a lyric to the actual beat. Ye and Jay ultimately have final say, so I don't think it is anything major.

G

·
Sky said:

G

·
Mamba said:
people who wrote the music get credit too..not just lyric writers and all the writers on the lyrics and music from all the samples get credit as well...kanye and jay wrote their own verses

·
Registered
150 Posts
SMH. You have no idea how credits work do you?

As already stated, people who produce the music, have a hand in even small suggestions get credited with writing. No, it doesn't mean they sitting there writing verses for them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts