Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I say this based on the projects certain artists have released during their peak popularity or prime

Wayne fell of because he couldn't make a better album than C3, same with Em with MMLP and Nas with Illmatic/It Was Written

We all expected Drake to deliver top 5 greatest album OAT because we were all under the impression that he was working on it for 2 years, but after Views I don't think he'll fall off

He could easily outdo Views in terms of quality and extend his reign or run in the future

At this point I think the only way Drake falls off is if he over saturates the market, makes another project like Views or people get tired of his music completely

Out of all his predecessor's he's the most self aware, I doubt he'll kill himself off this easily

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
D. D. Rogers said:
Good point

He aint gonna be a hostage of his own most successful album
Exactly, everybody be held hostage by their best albums, Drake has yet to release a magnum opus

Dropping Views was kinda smart, but is he doesn't hard on the next one he'll lose momentum

·
Premium Member
68,701 Posts
Depends on what you mean by "fall off"

After Take Care Ye was no longer the #1 guy in terms of relevance to the youth but you wouldn't say he fell off

You are drunk if you think a 35-40 year old drake will relate to the youth more than the spitters a decade younger than him and hungrier...just as kids related more to drake even though Ye still made great music

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
I've lowkey said this before, I believe the fact that Drake doesn't have a quote on quote classic leaves his audience wanting more and more so therefore he hasn't peaked yet

It's kinda like wanting your favorite sports team to win a championship after years and years in the finals

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Jeezus said:
Exactly, everybody be held hostage by their best albums, Drake has yet to release a magnum opus

Dropping Views was kinda smart, but is he doesn't hard on the next one he'll lose momentum
Dude is so smart I'm willing to believe it was all planed out
He got this shit mapee out strong afterall

·
Banned
4,886 Posts
If Drake saves his classic for his final album, it's only further proof that he's a student of the game. Dropping a classic so late in his career would also be good for the culture and lower expectations for new artists

·
Banned
4,886 Posts
user said:

After Take Care Ye was no longer the #1 guy in terms of relevance to the youth but you wouldn't say he fell off

You are drunk if you think a 35-40 year old drake will relate to the youth more than the spitters a decade younger than him and hungrier...just as kids related more to drake even though Ye still made great music

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
user said:

Nah I meant like relevancy/dominance, I doubt he'll be running shit but if you think Drake won't give these younger cats a struggle with the crown you tweakin tbh

I can see him in Ye's position post 2011 but 10x more dominant

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
rich boi said:
If Drake saves his classic for his final album, it's only further proof that he's a student of the game. Dropping a classic so late in his career would also be good for the culture and lower expectations for new artists
Hope it's self titled too

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
Jeezus said:
Nah I meant like relevancy/dominance, I doubt he'll be running shit but if you think Drake won't give these younger cats a struggle with the crown you tweakin tbh

This

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
D. D. Rogers said:
Dude is so smart I'm willing to believe it was all planed out
He got this shit mapee out strong afterall
This

miltdawg said:
I've lowkey said this before, I believe the fact that Drake doesn't have a quote on quote classic leaves his audience wanting more and more so therefore he hasn't peaked yet

It's kinda like wanting your favorite sports team to win a championship after years and years in the finals
rich boi said:
Yeah but I don't think it's a good idea to wait too long, people will get extremely tired of hearing the same shit

I think he should go hard on the next one just straight quality like MBDTF, his pop/R&B audience won't fuck with the album but he can release pop loosies and hits after to make sure that audience never leaves his grip

·
Premium Member
68,701 Posts
Jeezus said:

Meh I don't wanna see him rapping at Ye's current age

He should stick to his plan of retiring in 2020 to do movies. That's a presumably decade long run if Chance/Kendrick or someone we haven't heard of doesn't come out of nowhere and dethrone him. And he's already kinda running out of shit to rap about so I'd hate to hear what a 40 year old Drake sounds like trying to relate to 18 year olds.

Retire at 35 and do a guest verse every now and then.

Also it's hard for him to touch how gracefully Ye has aged because Drake's relevance to the millennials thus far is only in music. No one really wants to dress like Drake meanwhile Ye is still very much a trendsetter for people half his age.

·
Registered
10,029 Posts
Drake is always saving his stories for later his last album will be his best, then he will retire imo, but we need a straight rnb album from him, even if it's a ep

·
Registered
11,901 Posts
I don't think he can really "oversaturate" at this point. The market wants new content consistently.

Drake is unique because he's really a pop star who raps well as opposed to the other way around.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
user said:
Meh I don't wanna see him rapping at Ye's current age

He should stick to his plan of retiring in 2020 to do movies. That's a presumably decade long run if Chance/Kendrick or someone we haven't heard of doesn't come out of nowhere and dethrone him. And he's already kinda running out of shit to rap about so I'd hate to hear what a 40 year old Drake sounds like trying to relate to 18 year olds.

Retire at 35 and do a guest verse every now and then.
Not necessarily, he has so much more he can rap about but he decided to go the commercial  route to appeal to the new wave of fans after the success of HLB

Don't tell me you wouldn't want some introspective Drake tracks when he's married, has a child or loses his parents/friends due in the future :cmon:

Budden even said there are some shit he's been hinting at but refused to fully express it on Views like he did with his other projects

I think he should retire after 35 but I can see his music being much more mature but when I say fall off  I mean he'll have a strong run from 09 til it's done

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DIEBOLT said:
I don't think he can really "oversaturate" at this point. The market wants new content consistently.

Drake is unique because he's really a pop star who raps well as opposed to the other way around.
This is dumb, he's a rapper/hip hop artist that dabbles in multiple genres to expand his reach

Drake has more rap songs than R&B/Pop combined

1 - 20 of 81 Posts