Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all Kendrick lamar's cd shit all over wtt. I love kanye and hov there the reason I love hiphop and threw there music it has brightened my horizon on other music, but holy shit you all know we were excpecting way better than what they gave us.  We on ktt complain about artist having no substance when it comes to rapping when the artists site we visit everyday gives us what we complain about.

Also the krit and Cole thing. Is this even a question krit makes music that everyone can enjoy hes like a one man outkast making street bangers that can sound good in the whip underground but still holding shit down in the mainstream. Cole on the other hand must make wiz mainstream songs to reach the market.

All in all Lamar is about to flip the whole industry the fuck upside down you all watch.

·
Banned
27,694 Posts
rebel23 said:
First of all Kendrick lamar's cd shit all over wtt. I love kanye and hov there the reason I love hiphop and threw there music it has brightened my horizon on other music, but holy shit you all know we were excpecting way better than what they gave us.  We on ktt complain about artist having no substance when it comes to rapping when the artists site we visit everyday gives us what we complain about.

Also the krit and Cole thing. Is this even a question krit makes music that everyone can enjoy hes like a one man outkast making street bangers that can sound good in the whip underground but still holding shit down in the mainstream. Cole on the other hand must make wiz mainstream songs to reach the market.

All in all Lamar is about to flip the whole industry the fuck upside down you all watch.
lol yes he is.

WTT was better than section 80 tho.

W

·
0 Posts
Mr. Cole said:
not really, maybe in production.But with lyricism and cohesiveness WTT got murderd
Kendrick giving Jay-Z lessons in lyricism :oblivious:

·
Registered
63,121 Posts
This post from Reddit always comes in handy.

1 - Your ideal hip-hop is not everyone's ideal hip-hop
Hip-hop is an incredibly vast genre that has not been segmented the way other genres have. A genre like rock is just as vast, but over the course of 60 years it's been sub-divided into things like metal or punk. As it stands, hip-hop is just hip-hop. Sure there are different styles that we all reference, but there is a willingness to lump everything under one category in a way that doesn't exist in other genres.

So what does this mean? It means that the hip-hop one person likes may not be the same hip-hop that another person likes, and guess what? That's fine. We all look for different things in music, and to assume that someone else is wrong for liking another style is inane. To go back to the rock comparison, you would sound like a crazy person if you started telling a fan of Metallica that they were an idiot for not liking Death Cab for Cutie. Despite both of them ostensibly being "rock music", they are completely different and are enjoyed for different reasons.

You don't have to love everything, but don't hate on something because it doesn't have the same musical goal you do. If you're going to hate on something, do it because it failed to achieve its goal. If a southern rapper makes a great southern song, don't hate. But if a New York rapper tries to make a southern song because it's popular at that time, then let fire the dogs of war.

2 - The genre of music is not determined by the quality of a song.
With apologies to those that read this comment of mine in another thread...
Music is not classified into a genre based on how good it is or how good any one person thinks it is.
Just because something is shitty doesn't mean it's not hip-hop music. It just means it's shitty hip-hop music.

3 - What's the difference between hip-hop and rap?
Hip-hop = Genre of music
Rap = Vocal style
You can't decide the genre of something based on how popular it is or how often it's on the radio. This artificial distinction that "rap" is just the stuff on the radio is nonsense. It's a vocal style.

:work:

1 - 20 of 156 Posts