Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back around 2008 when Charles Hamilton was actually putting out good music like The Pink Lavalamp and was building a decent fanbase.

It was obvious to me that Hamilton was influenced by artists like Lupe and wanted to be in that lane. He tried TOO hard sometimes but there was no doubt respect there.

To me, he was kind of like a more arrogant, asshole version of Lupe and always wanted to battle other artists.

He also threw a little shot at Lupe on one of his early mixtapes & I always assumed that once he became a gold or platinum selling artist that he would one day try to bump heads with Lupe.

That's the type of artist Hamilton was. Hated his antics and shit but when he was focused, dude could rap his ass off.

·
Registered
534 Posts
i like how hes crazy, i can relate

·
Registered
534 Posts
^ there goes my respect for lupe/

·
Registered
534 Posts
but i dont believe that tbh.... i dont know.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
PrinceDevilleHERE said:
Back around 2008 when Charles Hamilton was actually putting out good music like The Pink Lavalamp and was building a decent fanbase.

It was obvious to me that Hamilton was influenced by artists like Lupe and wanted to be in that lane. He tried TOO hard sometimes but there was no doubt respect there.

To me, he was kind of like a more arrogant, asshole version of Lupe and always wanted to battle other artists.

He also threw a little shot at Lupe on one of his early mixtapes & I always assumed that once he became a gold or platinum selling artist that he would one day try to bump heads with Lupe.

That's the type of artist Hamilton was. Hated his antics and shit but when he was focused, dude could rap his ass off.
the way you wrote this making it sound like he's dead

did i miss something

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
Wait...what happened to Charles Hamilton???

1 - 20 of 23 Posts