Kanye to The banner

41 - 60 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
itsamazing said:
The problem with hypebeast is..

1. They think that just because of the labels they have on that they're "fresh.
Correction: Wearing labels head to toe makes you a label whore/mannequin.. you're anything but fresh.
..money can't and never will buy you a sense of style.. label whore.
2. Most if not all kids dress like Big Sean.. that's no where near 'fresh'.
Again.. label whore.
3. It's could care less if you own something exclusive.. that doesn't make you fresh.. what makes you fresh is how you wear it.. the outfits you put together based on that. (refer back to #1)
..there's a certain type of mindset you have to have with fashion. Just because it's designer or 'exclusive' and you happen to own it or have it on.. again.. label whore.

Do we see a pattern here? Yes.. if you thought about yourself when you read the 3 things above.. you're a label whore (hypebeast). Bottom line is.. just because it's expensive and or has a label on it or some celebrity has it on.. and you happen to own it to.. doesn't mean that you're automatically deemed fresh.. nor do you have a sense of style. Style isn't putting on as many logos as possible..
If one avoids certain labels, does that also make them a hypebeast?

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
king. said:
so are alot of the other celebs called hypebeast
they are not 16 and the ones who are true hypebeasts dont have stylists who dress them daily IE chris, omarion and a few others....name another 16 year old who you would call a hypebeast that has a stylist (diggy doesnt employ one so dont say him even though some people on here think he is one, even though he truly isnt)

·
Registered
25 Posts
So pretty much if you see something that someone has on and you like it, then go buy it you're a hypebeast? No. I say if you rock it just like them then yes. In my opinion calling diggy a hype beast is irrelevant! but Big Sean and Chris brown yes lol! Secondly damn near everybody on this bitch is a hypebeast and one way or another.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
To be honest a lot of people are hypebeasts
If you ONLY rock Dior,APC jeans and refuse to even touch another brand
Your a hypebeast

Some are really out there with it and others just hide it really well

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
EmptyK said:
To be honest a lot of people are hypebeasts
If you ONLY rock Dior,APC jeans and refuse to even touch another brand
Your a hypebeast

Some are really out there with it and others just hide it really well
some of us touch other brands, try other brands and even buy other brands but find ourselves never wearing those brands for jeans....dior and rrl are the only jeans i fuck with....sounds pretentious but once i started wearing them i will never go back to wearing other jeans, i have tried prada quality sucks, louis shits are ugly, helmut lang fit sucks, warehouse (bought a pair didnt like them enough), apc (too stiff raw denim for my liking), gucci (awful quality)

knowing what works for you isnt a hypebeast buying what is talked about constantly and "hyping" up something then spending more than retail is being a hypebeast....camping out for a pair of sneakers imo is a hypebeast

snf bbc is wack thats why we all dont like it....shit is tacky now....occasionally i will see a piece that i thinkis sorta cool but then i remember their price tags and the quality you get for the prices they ask and its never worth it....not gonna lie i owned 2 bbc tees but i regret buying them and sold both since i never wore them....just my opinion though if you like it go for it as i said sometimes i am surprised just rarely

41 - 60 of 117 Posts