Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone got a kick out of the Trayvon Martain case, so i thought i'd share this one to raise awareness.

Heres the general story:
Former Chicago cop, [Howard] Morgan was pulled over for driving the wrong way on a one-way street near his home at 12:45 a.m. on February 21, 2005. Morgan said he was ordered out of his car and searched. Spotting Morgan's holstered weapon, which he carried for his job at the railroad, a rookie officer shouted, "Gun!" At that point, according to Morgan, he became target practice and could not have returned fire.

Even though Morgan's account was supported by an independent witness, the Cook County State's Attorney's Office charged him with aggravated battery, discharging a firearm, and attempted murder. A jury in 2007 acquitted Morgan of all charges except the most serious -- four counts of attempted murder -- on which they deadlocked. That led to a retrial earlier this year, when another jury convicted Morgan of attempted murder.

Yesterday, Judge Clayton Crane fired the 29th bullet in this case. He sentenced Morgan to 40 years -- surely a death sentence for the 61-year-old Morgan, whose health has suffered decidedly since his body was riddled with lead.
Now it may not sound like much controversy yet, but take a look at some of the facts

-Howard Morgan's van was crushed and destroyed by the police, without notice or cause before any forensic investigation could be done.

-Howard Morgan was never tested for gun residue to confirm if he even fired a weapon on the morning in question.

-The State never produced the actual bullet proof vest worn by one of the officers who claimed to have allegedly taken a shot directly into the vest on the morning in question. The State only produced a replica.

All these facts, and Howard Morgan still gets sentenced to 40 years in prison? It doesnt add up. Reading between the lines here but Howard Morgan is a former cop, and as a former cop, you would know better then to fire a gun (which he was accused of doing) at 4 police officers in a traffic stop.

Wheres the media coverage on this? Wheres the movement? This case nearly resembles the Trayvon Martain case, considering that Morgan is black, and all of the 4 police officers were white, and in the end of both cases all of the proven shooters are free. The only difference is that Morgan survived the shooting, only to be sentenced to 40 years.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
This story is pretty fucked up, and I saw it on a new site a while ago before the trail. Pretty fucked, they claim he was pulled over and then just opened fire on 4 police officers. And its 4 against 1 with no witnesses, something clearly happened cause I find it hard to believe 4 cops just opened fire on a black men for no reason. But shit is sketchy as fuck that they didn't provide any actually evidence to show he at least fired a shot.

·
Premium Member
59,845 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts