Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
29,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually when I watch an inferior sequel, I can point to exactly how to make it better. But when I watch the Matrix trilogy, I just can't put my finger on how to make it better.

I didn't think Reloaded/Revolutions were awful tbh, but I think it would've probably worked better to just totally drop that story line and take it one movie at a time, going off with an entirely new storyline. Maybe have a villain that isn't Agent Smith?

:khaled:

And don't say you wouldn't make them at all :hah:

·
Banned
29,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've seen the idea of making the real world turn out to be a second layer of the matrix. Meaning the matrix is actually a matrix within a matrix. That would be kind of lit tbh :oh:

·
Banned
29,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rise Above said:
Would not have made them at all. The Matrix works a lot better as a standalone movie.
Added a "don't say you wouldn't make them At all" to the OP :hah:

I was trying to find other sites having this discussion and everyone said "wouldn't make them at all" :hah:

But I agree it would work well as a standalone. But, at the same time, it's an interesting universe that I would've liked to see explored more :dno:

·
Registered
17,612 Posts
Theory said:
Added a "don't say you wouldn't make them At all" to the OP :hah:

I was trying to find other sites having this discussion and everyone said "wouldn't make them at all" :hah:

But I agree it would work well as a standalone. But, at the same time, it's an interesting universe that I would've liked to see explored more :dno:
If I had to I would make it so Neo wouldn't interfere at all, or disappeared or something. Edgar Wright put it best when he said there's nowhere to go once your main character becomes a god.

·
Banned
28,208 Posts
Work on developing Zion so its actually compelling

Make the stakes more explicit instead of faux philosophical so there's tension

I haven't watched them since they came out so that's all I can remember

Good question tho. Those films were such a disappointment

·
Banned
29,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rise Above said:
If I had to I would make it so Neo wouldn't interfere at all, or disappeared or something. Edgar Wright put it best when he said there's nowhere to go once your main character becomes a god.
Yeah, only time a movie has made a God type character interesting to me was Dr Manhattan in Watchmen.

·
Banned
29,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
obkuti said:
Work on developing Zion so its actually compelling

Make the stakes more explicit instead of faux philosophical so there's tension

I haven't watched them since they came out so that's all I can remember

Good question tho. Those films were such a disappointment
Agree with these points.

·
Registered
12,758 Posts
Theory said:
I've seen the idea of making the real world turn out to be a second layer of the matrix. Meaning the matrix is actually a matrix within a matrix. That would be kind of lit tbh :oh:
okay now this woulda been interesting.

I just remember bein glued to my seat watchin the first one. I could barely pay attention to the sequels.

·
Banned
29,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NOMOREPARTIESINTO said:
Woah. Matrix trilogy was phenomenal. This blasphemy.
I didn't hate the sequels but they're seen by the majority of everyone to be disappointments :dno:

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Theory said:
I didn't hate the sequels but they're seen by the majority of everyone to be disappointments :dno:
I don't know anyone who views them that way. The trilogy is known as cutting edge and reloaded in particular had some of the greatest action sequences. That whole scene on the highway was next level. Or when Neo fought like a million agents in the park. The series is legendary. Classic.

·
Banned
29,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NOMOREPARTIESINTO said:
I don't know anyone who views them that way. The trilogy is known as cutting edge and reloaded in particular had some of the greatest action sequences. That whole scene on the highway was next level. Or when Neo fought like a million agents in the park. The series is legendary. Classic.
...you really don't know anybody who views the 2nd and 3rd movie as disappointments? They're universally recognized as disappointments :khaled:

·
Registered
27,473 Posts
Theory said:
ever seen inception?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I wish they wouldn't of created a time jump between the first and second.  I think there were a lot of stories to tell about how Neo started unplugging blue pills at an astonishing rate.  His threatening phone call at the end of the first movie feels a little flat for me since we skip 5 years.  I wanted to see him slowly tear down The Matrix from within which I think could of set up the war a little better instead of him just already being Superman in Reloaded. 

I know some of this is covered in the Animatrix, but I think "Kid's" storyline in Reloaded/Revolutions went over a lot of people's heads because they hadn't watched the anime.

Neo himself being apart of the system of control was a cool touch, but I don't think there was enough story to tell in the third movie, which is why I think it relied so heavily on the Zion scenes.  These dragged for me in the theater.

If anyone ever played The Matrix Online MMO, there were some pretty cool post Revolutions stories that are considered canon to the series.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Theory said:
...you really don't know anybody who views the 2nd and 3rd movie as disappointments? They're universally recognized as disappointments :khaled:
Never heard that before. Maybe part 3, maybe. Reloaded though? Naw that move was fire.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts