Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend, who is a fan of eminem, just posted that on facebook :
" (...) right now there just isn't anyone else but Eminem who can rhyme 14 syllables a line, enrage the U.S. Senate, play the dozens, spin a tale, write a speech, push his voice into every register, toy with rhythm, subvert a whole goddamn genre, get metaphorical, allegorical, political, comical, and deeply, deeply personal-all in one groove of vinyl."

This is part of an article of Vibe magazine, such check google.
And what came to my mind, as a kanye's fan is, how would I describe kanye!

I'll start with "Who can break down the barrier of hip-hop (808s & heartbreak, and runaway)...."

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Tell your friend that My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is going to fucking tear apart that cliche bull shit hip-hop album "Recovery".

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
And piss of the Senate? Kanye can piss off the fucking President of the United States. And the rest of the world. And then come back and put out a fifth album which will probably end of being better than his previous 4, all of which were on Rolling Stone's top 100 albums of the decade list, and College Dropout being the #1 album OF the decade according to Entertainment Weekly.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
kanye west - bigger hip hop

misunderstood genius, people will only realise this once hes gone im afraid. thats how this world works, anyone who is different or unique doesn't get appreciated straight away. yes he is a bit eccentric at times, shy and awkward at others. but no one can deny he is a true musical genius, and with the unique videos he has always put out he shows his artistic side. like ye said himself "u either live a villain or die a superhero".

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
and many won't agree with me on this but i truely believe he is a huge reason hip hop is so big right now. he pushed the bars of hip hop, changed the rap game, connected different genres. he is the perfect transition artist.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Omari said:
and many won't agree with me on this but i truely believe he is a huge reason hip hop is so big right now. he pushed the bars of hip hop, changed the rap game, connected different genres. he is the perfect transition artist.
no.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Omari said:
u really understand the art of debate dont u. its hard puttin up a fight against u.
haha im just playin since you decided to start a post with "many won't agree with me on this"

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
mr.cudi said:
haha im just playin since you decided to start a post with "many won't agree with me on this"
oh lol my bad for not gettin that. coz u know whatever u were gonna say i wudda come back with a typical ktt kanye stan response of "gtfo cudi is shit" lol just jokin ;)

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Timesitheus said:
Tell your friend that My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is going to fucking tear apart that cliche bull shit hip-hop album "Recovery".
Timesitheus said:
And piss of the Senate? Kanye can piss off the fucking President of the United States. And the rest of the world. And then come back and put out a fifth album which will probably end of being better than his previous 4, all of which were on Rolling Stone's top 100 albums of the decade list, and College Dropout being the #1 album OF the decade according to Entertainment Weekly.

QFT

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
As of right now and for many years to come, Eminem will be recognized as better than Kanye West.

When both die, and two boys sit at a table discussing rap a hundred years from now, we shall see which one seems better to them. When they look at their music videos, albums, impact, creativity, subject matter, diversity, it will be apparent. The wounds of controversy will not be present a hundred years from now, and all may be viewed in a less bias light. The only reason Kanye is not widely viewed as great is because of these things. They will still be apart of his legacy, but one must wonder if standing up against George W. Bush will be looked upon admirably a century from today.

If I am being quite frank, Kanye is the only hip-hop artist with a vision. All other rappers just make albums. They don't really conceptualize what they desire to create.

So in a sentence I would describe him:

Kanye West is a man with visions.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Common said:
If I am being quite frank, Kanye is the only hip-hop artist with a vision. All other rappers just make albums. They don't really conceptualize what they desire to create.

So in a sentence I would describe him:

Kanye West is a man with visions.
his life is like a childs illusions become reality :dno:

G

·
Omari said:
kanye west - bigger hip hop

misunderstood genius, people will only realise this once hes gone im afraid. thats how this world works, anyone who is different or unique doesn't get appreciated straight away. yes he is a bit eccentric at times, shy and awkward at others. but no one can deny he is a true musical genius, and with the unique videos he has always put out he shows his artistic side. like ye said himself "u either live a villain or die a superhero".

1 - 20 of 32 Posts