Kanye to The banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two ps3's how do i transfer the data (games, saves, etc. dlc) from one to another so one is empty and the other has everything, i want to sell the empty one.

·
Premium Member
17,966 Posts
You could transfer everything over to an external hard-drive if you don't have a big enough memory stick. That's how I did it a while. Used an old iPod classic actually.

G

·
But you wont be able to transfer your game saves using an external hard drive, you have to get Plus and transfer them using the PlayStation Cloud.

·
Premium Member
133,380 Posts
Kingly said:
But you wont be able to transfer your game saves using an external hard drive, you have to get Plus and transfer them using the PlayStation Cloud.
yes you can

·
Premium Member
133,380 Posts
Kingly said:
It wouldn't let me
some saves (very few) have copy protection meaning you cant transfer them directly to the hard drive. to get round this you can use data transfer utility and all saves should go to the hard drive

G

·
Mozeley said:
some saves (very few) have copy protection meaning you cant transfer them directly to the hard drive. to get round this you can use data transfer utility and all saves should go to the hard drive
Oh didn't know that, when I was replacing my hard drive (20GB to 500GB :smug: ) the guy at Best Buy said no game saves can be transferred to the new hard drive and that you had to use PlayStation Cloud.

·
Premium Member
133,380 Posts
Kingly said:
Oh didn't know that, when I was replacing my hard drive (20GB to 500GB :smug: ) the guy at Best Buy said no game saves can be transferred to the new hard drive and that you had to use PlayStation Cloud.
the guy at bestbuy is clearly a ***** salesmen. how do you think people upgraded ps3 hard drives before pleystation cloud? pleystation cloud was only released a few months ago

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Evel Kanyevel said:
You could transfer everything over to an external hard-drive if you don't have a big enough memory stick. That's how I did it a while. Used an old iPod classic actually.
howd you use an ipod?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts