Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the symptoms online, and most, if not all, apply to me. I don't do bad in school, but last I was pretty lazy, and was slacking with everything that had to do with school. (Take in mind, im going to 9th grade after summer ends). I couldnt focus in algebra class, no matter what. I found it too boring. Every other class, i did well in.
In algebra, this would pretty much be me.. (quote from one of the ADD symptom sites)
Children with ADD/ADHD may do their best to be good, but still be unable to sit still, stay quiet, or pay attention. They may appear disobedient, but that doesn’t mean they’re acting out on purpose.
In other classes, mostly reading, i'd fool around as well. But when i actually tried, i got work done. It wasnt the same with algebra though.
So, any advice? I think i might go to the doctor before summer ends.

·
Premium Member
37,486 Posts
I have ADHD (diagnosed by 2 different doctors) and I can sit in a class and pay attention :hah:

It all just depends on if im interested :sonicshrug:

For example I can sit and pay attention during Math class but won't in French but I really don't think it's ADHD I pretty much my choice :work:

·
Registered
47,303 Posts
Alex Trebek said:
Doesn't everybody do that?
It's just really hard for me to pay attention, idk if this is a symptom but I'll even start doing random shit like shaking my legs and I won't be able to sit still

Like if someone was talking, I would zone out a few times and not catch what they say

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
you can really pay attention to something with ADHD IF it interests you... .Math is boring as FUCK. :cmon:

But the other classes that I dont mind... Im ok in. :tash:

oh shit, what if I have it? :ohno:

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
Albert said:
It's just really hard for me to pay attention, idk if this is a symptom but I'll even start doing random shit like shaking my legs and I won't be able to sit still

Like if someone was talking, I would zone out a few times and not catch what they say
Anxiety?

By all means don't let me say that you don't have it cause you might, but I do some of the same things and I don't ahve it.

·
Premium Member
37,486 Posts
JLeVRT said:
you can really pay attention to something with ADHD IF it interests you... .Math is boring as FUCK. :cmon:

But the other classes that I dont mind... Im ok in. :tash:

oh shit, what if I have it? :ohno:
Math >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Albert said:

Same

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aaronious said:
Kids who use ADHD as an excuse <<<<<<<<
Not using it as an excuse.. I'm just wondering. It just randomly started happening last year, before, i was in advanced classes -_-

·
Premium Member
37,486 Posts
LifeVsLivin said:
Not using it as an excuse.. I'm just wondering. It just randomly started happening last year, before, i was in advanced classes -_-
I wasn't saying it to you :)

just meant in general

G

·
LifeVsLivin said:
I read the symptoms online, and most, if not all, apply to me. I don't do bad in school, but last I was pretty lazy, and was slacking with everything that had to do with school. (Take in mind, im going to 9th grade after summer ends). I couldnt focus in algebra class, no matter what. I found it too boring. Every other class, i did well in.
In algebra, this would pretty much be me.. (quote from one of the ADD symptom sites)In other classes, mostly reading, i'd fool around as well. But when i actually tried, i got work done. It wasnt the same with algebra though.
So, any advice? I think i might go to the doctor before summer ends.
Don't diagnose yourself since you're not a doctor or a psychiatrist. Go see someone with the credentials to help you out ASAP if it's bugging you. But I'm just like you, I like to slack on my work and if I'm in a class I hate I can't focus. Doesn't mean I have ADD/ADHD though, it just means that my interest isn't being held.

·
Registered
26,181 Posts
I had good grades and 9th grade was no problem for me, but when I came to high school I was so sick of schoolwork and basically the whole time in high school I was bored of doing work.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts