Kanye to The banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ight ya'll I got this sample I'm working on and I want to make an absolute banger out of it.

Only problem is, I cant figure out how to do it. I've got the sample chopped in a way that I know it will make for a good banger, but I just dont know what instruments to use around it, and more importantly how to use them.

Anybody here know how to make a good banger? I know a lot of the people on this site are kinda "anti-banger" but I've seen some producers on here that can pull it off very well (Jordan Hunt comes to mind)

It's a vocal sample by the way. I'm using in a way similar to the way that Cool & Dre used Steam's "Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye" for Wale's "Chillin'" (which is the kind of banger I'm trying to do):

other examples of bangers I like (beat-wise):

So any tips, hints, or general knowledge on how to make a banger?

P.S. inb4 Lex Luger shit

EDIT:

So the sample I was using was "the circle of life" from the lion king, and this is what came out of it so far:

https://soundcloud.com/r-kayde%2Fthe-king
Kinda unorthodox I think, but I kinda like it

Second Edit

https://soundcloud.com/r-kayde%2Fthe-king-revised

·
Registered
10,343 Posts
808's .. a soft kick to layer it with it. soft light snares. Add some quick hi-hats as well. also layer the sample with some nice synths and other cool eerie effects for transitions.

·
Premium Member
55,302 Posts
Yeezzzy said:
808's .. a soft kick to layer it with it. soft light snares. Add some quick hi-hats as well. also layer the sample with some nice synths and other cool eerie effects for transitions.
this pretty much sums it up

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Yeezzzy said:
this.

pretty much the recipe for the beats ur trying to make.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Woa Im known for what I do. In BIG Seans mind that means that I would be Finally Famous.

Loop Me the chops that you've done and email em to me. I'll walk you through what I would do if it was my sample.

And don't worry, I won't steal ur sample

edit*
I'm on my iPod so I couldn't see that you posted the rough draft. I'll check it out tomorrow

·
Registered
8,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JordanHunt said:
Woa Im known for what I do. In BIG Seans mind that means that I would be Finally Famous.

Loop Me the chops that you've done and email em to me. I'll walk you through what I would do if it was my sample.

And don't worry, I won't steal ur sample

edit*
I'm on my iPod so I couldn't see that you posted the rough draft. I'll check it out tomorrow
sweet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts