Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I use Summer Walker as an example because despite being an industry plant with any obvious push, she flies relatively under the radar. But I’ve never heard anyone even mention her before, let alone hear her music being played anywhere.

·
Registered
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
08paulpierce said:
If you’re big on the Internet you’re most likely big irl too.
Thats not true. I can make a stan account for an artist tomorrow, get it to 15k followers, and that doesn’t mean shit. Doesn’t mean I actually fw the artist, listen to their music, or support them. Same goes with streams. Look at whatever the top trending video on YouTube are. Millions of views, but how many people irl are aware these videos exist? It’s far and few in between.

Internet hype is easily miscalculated and conflated.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
MFreezy said:
I use Summer Walker as an example because despite being an industry plant with any obvious push, she flies relatively under the radar. But I’ve never heard anyone even mention her before, let alone hear her music being played anywhere.
That goes for tommy genesis too, but that’s mostly because a lot of her music in the past been mid

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Overfedbird said:
gibbs is big on the internet but unknown irl for example
He’s unknown to people that YOU interact with. And is he even big on the Internet or is he big on niche internet communities like this and r/hhh?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
MFreezy said:
Thats not true. I can make a stan account for an artist tomorrow, get it to 15k followers, and that doesn’t mean shit. Doesn’t mean I actually fw the artist, listen to their music, or support them. Same goes with streams. Look at whatever the top trending video on YouTube are. Millions of views, but how many people irl are aware these videos exist? It’s far and few in between.

Internet hype is easily miscalculated and conflated.
There are ways to track engagement and active users. This argument only works if you assume most of these people have more fake engagement than real

1 - 20 of 54 Posts