Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to be more likable and make people want to be around you? I have this one friend, although I wouldn't really call him a friend, but he's just really charismatic and I want to be like that, but I'm more of the distant/keep to self type of person.

·
Banned
7,743 Posts
Yves.sl said:
How to be more likable and make people want to be around you? I have this one friend, although I wouldn't really call him a friend, but he's just really charismatic and I want to be like that, but I'm more of the distant/keep yo self type of person.
This..

·
Registered
18,416 Posts
First of all, you need to remember that no one is perfect. I say this because even if you envy your friend for being extremely charismatic he is most likely struggling with problems of his own. Charisma isn't the be all-end all for social interaction.

Secondly, I don't particularly think that charisma is a learned trait. I am somewhat confident that being charismatic is an attribute that you are born with or without.

·
Registered
22,927 Posts
DOLFIN said:
First of all, you need to remember that no one is perfect. I say this because even if you envy your friend for being extremely charismatic he is most likely struggling with problems of his own. Charisma isn't the be all-end all for social interaction.
this was pretty much me in highschool :jordancry:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Learn to love yourself. Being envious of other peoples' traits isn't necessarily a bad thing but you have to first accept who you are and learn to love that. Changing your bad habits is fine and even encouraged but adjusting your inner self for outer approval isn't the best route at all. (unless you're doing the whole Hannah Montana dual personality thing. In which case, please God let me know how that goes for you, Freakazoid!)

As stated, stop giving a fuck about others' perceptions of you to an extent. Yearning for affirmations is a negative route to take unless you want to be 'that guy'. You remember him from school right? He wasn't exactly weird or anything but he had this insatiable lust for being funny and having attention brought to him by any means necessary. Don't be him, dude. Don't be someone that doesn't care about anything. That's not realistic in the slightest and is a lonely life to lead.

I'm preaching now. Sorry about the wall of text.

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Yves.sl said:
How to be more likable and make people want to be around you? I have this one friend, although I wouldn't really call him a friend, but he's just really charismatic and I want to be like that, but I'm more of the distant/keep to self type of person.
be cool

·
Premium Member
27,752 Posts
Glade Wilson said:
Learn to love yourself. Being envious of other peoples' traits isn't necessarily a bad thing but you have to first accept who you are and learn to love that. Changing your bad habits is fine and even encouraged but adjusting your inner self for outer approval isn't the best route at all. (unless you're doing the whole Hannah Montana dual personality thing. In which case, please God let me know how that goes for you, Freakazoid!)
I don't give a fuck and have a fiancee and tons of friends just have to be good at it

·
Registered
294 Posts
Piece of God said:
I don't give a fuck and have a fiancee and tons of friends just have to be good at it
I've never been good at that sort of thing personally. It may work for OP; it's just never been my MO.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
the blanguage said:
share your vulnerabilities with the world
ight this powerful but can you please explain more fam? this sounds interesting

·
Banned
73,537 Posts
charisma is overrated
find a way to individually allow yourself to be more outgoing but at the same time staying true to self
personally i like making sly remarks and twisting peoples words to make them laugh :mm:

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Be yourself and dgaf what people think about you. Having a sharp sense of humor is a must and be bold. If you're these things, you're a sharp admitable person.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts