Kanye to The banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before a certain uncomfortable subject like 9/11 or a disaster of some kind, gets cleared for filming?
i mean when i look at these miners from Chile, all that crosses my mind is wow what a great story, 3 months from now Javier Bardem, Antonio Banderas and Benicio del Toro will all be employed on this project...

·
Registered
25,469 Posts
As long as the project that depicts these tragedies respects the people involved, there shouldn't be a timeline.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
king. said:
wasnt there already a movie about people on the plane during 9/11 :dno:
that's not the point... sure there was, but i remember all those 9/11 movies dropped in the same year...2006 (5 years after the event)

i don't wanna wait 5 years for Academy awarded "Under"
starring Javier Bardem, Antonio Banderas and Benicio del Toro
directed by Alejandro Amenábar

sure the happy ending factor could speed things up  ;)

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
I honestly think there is no time limit per say. As long as the film is respective to the event and the people who perished because of it, I imagine it will be all right. Hell, if I recall correctly there were films made about Pearl Harbor and WWII only a year or so after the events.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I don't know of any Pearl Harbor movies in the 40s, but wars have no time limit. We make moneys about Iraq and Afghanistan, if not the actual story then in allegory form, and they always made WWI and WWII films back in the day.

Tragedies are harder but I think if they did 9/11 tastefully like they did Titanic, then people wouldn't have a problem.

(A 9/11 film should focus on the POV of the people who died, or know someone who died. It shouldn't get involved in politics, conspiracy theories or etc. I'd particularly appreciate it if the main character were Muslim because a few Muslim people worked in the WTC, had prayer meetings there, and died there.)

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
ktothe2 said:
I don't know of any Pearl Harbor movies in the 40s, but wars have no time limit. We make moneys about Iraq and Afghanistan, if not the actual story then in allegory form, and they always made WWI and WWII films back in the day.

Tragedies are harder but I think if they did 9/11 tastefully like they did Titanic, then people wouldn't have a problem.

(A 9/11 film should focus on the POV of the people who died, or know someone who died. It shouldn't get involved in politics, conspiracy theories or etc. I'd particularly appreciate it if the main character were Muslim because a few Muslim people worked in the WTC, had prayer meetings there, and died there.)
9/11 from a Muslim perspective would be something to note, but then again I'd expect there to be a lot of politicking around it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts