Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to know what software and/or hardware you music lovers use to listen to your music collection.
Or just which MP3 player or library software you prefer.

I realize Zune and iTunes is not the only music library software out there. I'm assuming these 2 are the most popular. Ditto for the devices.

I for one use a Zune. I favor it over iTunes. But I like the iPod better than the Zune. I listen to my music from my computer most of the time so for me liking the software is more important than the device.

Postup.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Zune still exists? Kidding.

But yeah, I'm a fan of iTunes. I've owned iPhones for the past 3 years so that plays a major part in that decision but even before that I had iPods. I just feel like iTunes has everything you need... Well, for me at least.

Plus if you haven't noticed.. Apple's taking over the world!  :problem?:

·
Registered
590 Posts
iPhone/iTunes. But I still like putting a CD and the occasional vinyl on the home stereo and bumping the surround sound.

What's the difference between the Zune and iPod/iTunes?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yo Jimbo! said:
iPhone/iTunes. But I still like putting a CD and the occasional vinyl on the home stereo and bumping the surround sound.

What's the difference between the Zune and iPod/iTunes?
Preference really. There's nothing one can do that the other can't. They both do the same thing. The UI on the devices are far apart but both are easy to use.
But software wise the 2 are quite different.

Zune has beautiful backgrounds, fading windows that pop up and down, and tight auto-collages of your entire library's cover art and now playing artist slide shows. Interactive artist bios and info. The user interface is simply amazing. It's responsive, it's artistic, and in my opinion it's more fun to navigate than iTunes.

iTunes is to the point. Nothing fancy, just on a mission to accomplish the task at hand. It's store/marketplace is much bigger than the Zune's though. It pretty much does everything the Zune does just.... more boring  :dno:
I'd also say iTunes has a better support team to contact if you need help with somehting.

Again, It's really just preference. If you really want to know the difference just download the Zune/iTunes software and try them both out.

·
Registered
48,640 Posts
I use iTunes.

I do most of my listening from my iPod classic.  But I've been listening a lot from the computer lately because I like to listen to music while doing my college work. 

·
Registered
211 Posts
WESTNiNE9 said:

Who remembers Musicmatch Jukebox? God that was so long ago.
Me lol. I used to rock that shit since it came on my old Dell desktop

I'm currently an ipod user but I wanna get a ZuneHD. Itunes sucks tbh, but I've used it for so long that I've gotten comfortable with it

·
Registered
27,950 Posts
I used to listen to music solely through my various iPods I've had since '06, but after my iPod Touch became somewhat broken I now just listen through my MacBook Pro since I use it a lot for school, etc.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts