Kanye to The banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
MBDTF
Joined
·
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been stuck with nothing to write since like may, and i cant seem to get past it. any ideas or suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
747 Posts
Just contemplate about your life, chill, free ur mind, I hate to say it. its def not for everyone because it hinders your creativity a little even tho it shoots it thru the roof at the same time. but whenever i inhale a lil sumfin sumfin that happens to grow in the ground and have adverse effects when u set it on fire...lol my mind just wanders on everything, my freestyles are so cool and all over the place, the thoughts themselves are not well organized but the shit i say i couldn't believe i thought of. it sets u free lol. but all in all, u gotta relax and not force it, listen to the beat on loop while u do everything and the beat will tell u what to write. its what i do, i really can't write when people tell me to focus on one thing, i let the beat tell me what to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,829 Posts
Adam_Corwin said:
I've been stuck with nothing to write since like may, and i cant seem to get past it. any ideas or suggestions?
I used to get writers block a lot..

Now what I do is just do a freestyle or two over the beat. After that it's either good enough to just write down and redo it so it sounds perfect, or pick a line or two out of it and build off of that idea..

This is what I do.. What I do might not help everybody..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,077 Posts
RelaxRelapse said:
I used to get writers block a lot..

Now what I do is just do a freestyle or two over the beat. After that it's either good enough to just write down and redo it so it sounds perfect, or pick a line or two out of it and build off of that idea..

This is what I do.. What I do might not help everybody..
Lol I kinda do the same thing. Just freestyle on it, switch the flows up while I'm freestyling too. So then when I get to writing I kinda got a lil' arsenal already built up. :parrot:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48,640 Posts
When I have writers block, I usually sit down and just write about life.  Exactly how I'm feeling at the current time.  Whether im happy, sad, angry, whatever it may be.  The reason for that, is because there will always be something to put on paper.  Emotion will carry you over anything else.  Thats really the whole reason for writing in the first place/

Try it. It always helps me
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
260,958 Posts
I've don't remember ever getting writers block. But I would recommend taking a subject, any subject, from what you had for dinner to the birds outside, and just write about that subject.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
260,958 Posts
Ivy Crimson said:
I don't get writer's block
Me either, althought sometimes I feel it's harder to write about a particular subject than others, I've never been able to not write about something (I find it hard to be forced to write though like on essays, since most writing I do is based off inspiration)
 
G

·
▲Sage. said:
listen to classic albums
This causes my writers block tbqh

I can't listen to good artist (or bad artist) before I write, because it influences me to quit cause it was so good or just say wow that shit was horrible I can't think.

I listen to orchestrations to help my writers block lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
926 Posts
I used to have a huge block...and I still can't finish some verses so I just listen to some songs and boom! there's a word we don't hear much in hip-hop so I want to use and create two or three lines around it and keep going with the flow you know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,363 Posts
Synopsis said:
Me either, althought sometimes I feel it's harder to write about a particular subject than others, I've never been able to not write about something (I find it hard to be forced to write though like on essays, since most writing I do is based off inspiration)
I don't class writer's block as not being able to write as something but more as what you do write is wack ...

You can always get words down on paper. But to get something down that is technically on point isn't an easy job.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,461 Posts
sometimes i just take a break. clear my head then come back to it when my ideas start flowing again
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top