• It's ok with me

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 28 43.1%
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
133,380 Posts
there is a difference between 'saying' and 'using' as a white person who listens to american hip hop i say the word but never use it

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
Personally I don't like to say it and I only sometimes say it if I'm singing along to something. I don't wanna offend anybody and it doesn't suit white people either

·
Banned
20,397 Posts
White people should not say the word. Period. I don't care about your backwards ass justification of why. You sound ignorant. So stop.

·
Premium Member
133,380 Posts
neph27 said:
White people should not say the word. Period. I don't care about your backwards ass justification of why. You sound ignorant. So stop.
see your ignorant

is it okey for black people to say the word if its offending other black people that witnessed the word in its original form?

the n word is a offensive word PERIOD it doesnt matter who the fuck says it. it offends many people, even white people are offended when black people use it. but hey if you wanna stay ignorant go ahead

·
Registered
11,006 Posts
It really just depends on the context. But I honestly couldn't care less. Black ppl are a bunch a hypocrites when it comes to this topic.

·
Registered
89,167 Posts
I really really really don't mind. People need to get their mind off of this sort of stuff and focus on other things.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Yes. Yes. Yes. True; As a person whose heritage is of many different ethnicites (i dislike using the term race/racial, as it has many different negative connotations) and with a decidely mixed complexion, most prominent ones being east african, german, and hispanic south american, I'm extremely cautious using this word and while I have not eliminated it completely from my vocabulary, as I experience more in life, I am becoming increasingly alienated by this "curse" of a word. So much antipathy and spite it produces; people are far too sensitive when they hear it. Therefore, I don't use it as a term of endearment except around a couple of very close friends and only then under rare circumstances during long conversations when I'm trying to relate with things they are saying.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
As far as strictly caucasian people using the word, it doen't irk me more than individuals of any other group using it, but I can definitely understand others disdain/scorn toward those caucasian people who do use it recklessly. However, these feelings are mutual only if the latter (non caucasians) don't casually use the word themselves.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Mozeley said:
there is a difference between 'saying' and 'using' as a white person who listens to american hip hop i say the word but never use it
this.

·
Registered
54,436 Posts
Its a redundent word. With no meaning nor place in modern society. It can only be used negatively. Even black to black is negative. A word born out of hate shall always stay in hatred.

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
The idea that certain people or races arent allowed to say certain words is ridiculous to me. Black people are allowed to use it as a term of endearment, but a white person says it, using it in the same connotation that a black person does, and it's unacceptable. I just don't get it.

You'd think the people that are so against it's use in general would place the blame on hip hop music in general for making it such a widely used word, instead of solely blaming it on white people for repeating it.

Either way, I'm bored with this subject. There's a thread everyday about it. Obviously people are going to have differing opinions on the subject. Whatever.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts