Kanye to The banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So many of the shops round here don't got many dope snapbacks and if u want one u gotta order online urslef(hate ordering online cuz of shipping costs).
So I look up on kijiji and c some hats for reasonable prices.
Pics and everything look good.
But how can u tell if their fake?
Is there alot of fake snapbacks out there?
Would u buy locally from people?

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
buy from reputable sites (mitchellandness.com, for example) and you'll know they're real. Most snapbacks are around 20-30 dollars, so keep that price range in mind. If you see a dope snapback for only 5 dollars (like TI$A, rare vintage snapbacks like Mighty Ducks) it's probably not real (OF COURSE there are exceptions, just a general statement). buy from sellers with high feedback on eBay just in case

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ryan Gosling said:
buy from reputable sites (mitchellandness.com, for example) and you'll know they're real. Most snapbacks are around 20-30 dollars, so keep that price range in mind. If you see a dope snapback for only 5 dollars (like TI$A, rare vintage snapbacks like Mighty Ducks) it's probably not real (OF COURSE there are exceptions, just a general statement). buy from sellers with high feedback on eBay just in case
Ya I understand that.
But I was wondering more on local sales like where u meet up with the person.
Some fakes look really real so how could I kno wuts fake?
Wut things should I be on the lookout for when the muthafucka hands me dat SnapBack?

·
Premium Member
102,644 Posts
You can tell if a hats fake if the brim is round, the only snaps that should have round brims are new era, 47 brand and some zephers.

·
Premium Member
69,393 Posts
A hat can't be real or fake. Hats are very cheap.

The branding on the hat is what you need to be looking for for fakes, and IMO if you're buying a TI$A or something like that anywhere but the official site, you asking for fakes.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Basically just buy whatever hat you want unless its from a specific brand, if you want mitchell and ness buy straight from them, if you want tisa buy it from them, if you want a diamond one buy from them but if you are just buying team hats it really doesnt matter....unless it just straight up looks like a piece of shit

·
Banned
4,821 Posts
K.I.L.L.A. said:
So many of the shops round here don't got many dope snapbacks and if u want one u gotta order online urslef(hate ordering online cuz of shipping costs).
So I look up on kijiji and c some hats for reasonable prices.
Pics and everything look good.
But how can u tell if their fake?
Is there alot of fake snapbacks out there?
Would u buy locally from people?
define fake snapbacks?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
A Mitchell and Ness SnapBack can be defined as fake if the companies logo isn't engraved in the button on the hats interior, the hat seems stiff, the brim is round, and the stitching isn't straight also if the sticker isn't reflective. One easy way to tell a fake Tisa is if the Tisa stitching isn't stitched over the hat companies tag that is in the interior...I can't really speak on the other companies hope this helps

·
Registered
64 Posts
The sticker will have a different shine to them than the authentics do. Also check the tags on the insides. I've seen a Play Clothes and NY Yankees snap back with a "Hardwood Classics" tag on the inside. haha!

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you want to save $ and buy on Ebay, watch out for sellers who sell fake Tisa.  EX: hotdeals171  &  infinitiedo  sell fake TISA eventhough they have numerous feedbacks.  Easy way to spot fake TISA is the Monster in the back.  The Tongue is not circular and the monster cannot be too BIG.

Infinitiedo stitches FAKE Tisa.  They use low quality thread and the color does not even match with Real Tisa.  Buy one TISA from Infinitiedo and see for youself. Infinitiedo sell fake Gold Tisas for sure.

I recently bought a TISA from Xpresscaps on Ebay.  Their Snapbacks are legit. The monster in the back is real.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you want to save $ and buy on Ebay, watch out for sellers who sell fake Tisa.  EX: hotdeals171  &  infinitiedo  sell fake TISA eventhough they have numerous feedbacks.  Easy way to spot fake TISA is the Monster in the back.  The Tongue is not circular and the monster cannot be too BIG.

Infinitiedo stitches FAKE Tisa.  They use low quality thread and the color does not even match with Real Tisa.  Buy one TISA from Infinitiedo and see for youself.

I recently bought a TISA from Xpresscaps on Ebay.  Their Snapbacks are legit. The monster in the back is real.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.