Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Banned
6,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how did everyone become a fan? not sure if theres a thread... i think there was one on KLIVE.

once i heard kanye signed a "kid cudi" to good music, i checked out 2 songs... day n nite and dat new new. liked dat new new so much more, thought he was sick... downloaded aknc and fell in love with motm, prayer, and down and out

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Day n Nite
Then AKNC...
the rest is history...

Gems like Pursuit of Happiness, Up up & away, and Heart of a Lion cemented my fan dome.

·
Premium Member
10,681 Posts
Heard Day n Night mistakenly back in 07 didnt know who it was....then My Friend Played Wasting my Minutes on our way to NYC in 08 and i was like i know this cat...and then did more research and i was hooked ever since

·
Registered
34,767 Posts
Bought 808s on release date, bumped it a couple of times after school. Next day, I'd listened to it like five times and I just couldn't get the Welcome To Heartbreak hook out of my head. Checked out who the feature on that song was, googled 'Kid Cudi', downloaded A Kid Named Cudi and just couldn't stop listening to it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A friend told me to download a kid named Cudi. i liked what i was hearing so far then i heard MAn on The Moon (The Anthem) it was a done deal. that song spoke to my soul

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
At first I listened to the Prayer on Youtube.
And i coudnt get this song out of my head.

And the rest is history!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
crowjones said:
A friend told me to download a kid named Cudi. i liked what i was hearing so far then i heard MAn on The Moon (The Anthem) it was a done deal. that song spoke to my soul
I dont feel we'll ever get another "Man on the Moon" song again. That was one of a kind. I mean Cudi still releases gems and perhaps it's wise I wait for the next 2 albums. But I just have a hunch. Hope I'm wrong. Trapped in my mind seems to be my next fav song to have on repeat

·
Registered
507 Posts
Memories, from David Guetta...I liked his voice, so i searched him on Facebook and i've seen that he just released his debut album. I've listened to it and...jeah, i fell in love  :awesome:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had heard who he was from Day N Night, but never really checked anything else out that he had done. That is until I stumbled upon his Letterman Pursuit of Happiness performance on YouTube. After I heard that I immediately downloaded MOTM. Wife and I jammed out to it for months. Then I found AKNK, and other demo's mixtapes.

Personal Faves (If i can narrow them down...)
Do It Alone
Cudi Zone
Man on the Moon
Soundtrack 2 My Life
Pursuit of Happiness
Never Come Down
Up, Up and Away
My World
Mr. Rager

... I should stop

·
Registered
12,597 Posts
I saw the Day N Nite (Crookers Remix) vid on MTV. I loved it so I decided to download it, but by a mistake I downloaded the whole album (MOTM). I didn't really mind just having it on my iTunes so I kept it. I played Make Her Say sometimes but after a while I realized that a lot of the songs actually was pretty dope, so I just bumped more and more songs of the album. MOTM is now one of my favorite albums of all time (and of course I've bought the CD).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Vigor said:
I dont feel we'll ever get another "Man on the Moon" song again. That was one of a kind. I mean Cudi still releases gems and perhaps it's wise I wait for the next 2 albums. But I just have a hunch. Hope I'm wrong. Trapped in my mind seems to be my next fav song to have on repeat
as i was writing my comment I was thinking the very same thing. That song is pretty much one of a kind and it's very bleek that there will be another like it. But knowing Cudi he will make another song that will be anthem. and yes trapped in my mind is going to be awesome! i'm really looking forward to Scott Mescudi vs The World & We Aite (Wake Your Mind Up)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Back when the Cool kids were poppin i was on there myspace and i saw Cudi's page. Heard day n nite then i got A Kid named Cudi and been loving all his music since

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Well I ended up getting a Barnes & Noble gift card from my grandma for Christmas a couple years ago and it was sitting in my wallet forever so I decided to finally use it on something.  I pre-ordered MOTM and the Blueprint 3.  Let's just say the Blueprint 3 is collecting dust somewhere while MOTM is constantly being played in my car.  After pre-ordering the album, I checked out all of his other stuff and I'm glad I did.  Scotty has definately changed my life to say the least.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
kept hearing kanye talk so much about Cudi.. i had to listen.. initially i jus wanted to hear the beats Kanye did on MOTM... but i was blown away with the hooks, flows, production work on that album... been  a stan ever since...I dont really fancy the mixtape cudi though :dno:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Heard Dat New New during the summer of 09.  Loved it, didn't research further.  Day N Nite was poppin, enjoyed that joint as well.  Heard about Man on the Moon, and that it was dope, and so I copped it.  Now I am a ridiculous Cudder stan. :D

·
Registered
20,213 Posts
I moved to cleveland from massachusetts back in august of 2008 and a friend played Dat New New for me, instant fiend.

·
Registered
89 Posts
When I first herd Day & Night when Cudi had a myspace..herd the track on youtube.. then i smoked to "dat new new " then T.G.I.F... then Pursuit of Happiness.. Now Mr. Rager a song about me lol.. I'm hooked .. Cudder is just that "Unique" Dude ppl been waiting to hear!!!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts