Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Premium Member
224,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NFL - Philly Eagles - My dad was a big Eagles fan back when I first started getting into the NFL :awesome:

NBA - Miami Heat - I always liked D-Wade :dno:

MLB - St. Louis Cardinals - Went to two Cardinals games when I lived in St. Louis... passion of the city about their team just moved me emotionally like no other team has. Honestly. I love Busch Stadium.

EDIT: My fam is in the military and I was born in Arkansas, so I don't really have a "hometown" team.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Loved the teams that gave Jordan a tough time. Pacers and Jazz.

As for the Spurs. When Timmy started beasting on NY in 1999, it was a wrap.

·
Registered
19,931 Posts
Patriots:
The81Slouch said:
according to cav because i'm a bandwagon fan. And he knows about this stuff lol.
But i think i told you this history before. It was because my first contact with football was through madden nfl 2004 and 2005. And i enjoyed playing with the pats because they were a pass first team. And every noob on madden likes to play with a pass first team. Not to mention their jerseys and logos were badass and their stats were decent/good :kanyeshrug:.
I didn't even know they had won superbowls lol, until i started to watch games (the first game i saw on ESPN was a pro bowl game).
IDK, this team choosing thing comes from the heart imo. Except of course, if you're a bandwagon fan.
Chicago Bulls =

Boston Red Sox = idk, maybe because i enjoy boston teams? :kanyeshrug:

G

·
NBA:

- Sacramento Kings - They are the local team but I didn't become a fan until my dad got me into them around 2002, which was when I started watching the games constantly as well. Pretty good season to start watching, other than the whole 2002 controversy...

NFL:

- San Fransisco 49ers - They are the local team as well, my dad used to buy me a bunch of fan gear and he would watch the games so I eventually became a huge fan, still am today!

- Washington Redskins - About 2-3 years ago I started watching them and became a fan. It wasn't encouraged by anything, I just love the team.

·
Registered
48,640 Posts
MLB - New York Mets - Was born and raised in NY, but most of my family are yankees fans.  For some reason when I was able to understand the concept of what a favorite team was, I just chose the Mets...i was probably like 3-4 or something like that.

NFL - New York Jets  - Was born and raised in NY and my Dad was and still is a big Jets fan, so when I was able to understand the concept of what a favorite team was, I followed suit..i was probably like 3-4

NBA - New Jersey Nets - Born and raised in NY and it was either them or the Knicks.  For some reason when i was like 5-6, I just picked them and been a fan ever since.

NHL - New Jersey Devils - It took me a little longer to catch on to hockey, i was probably around 7-8, but being raised in NY and my Dad being a Devils fan, I just followed suit.

NCAAB - Duke Blue Devils - This is where a lot of people get confused when it comes to my fan hood.  Well, as I have said before, my dad and uncle were huge Duke fans when they were young, and then my Uncle went on to attend Duke University. My dad was still a HUGE fan and I was born in 1992, the same year that Christian Laettner hit the game winning buzzer beater to win the National Championship, So I was named after Christian Laettner and obviously became a HUGE Duke fan.

NCAAF - Florida State University - This is another one that confused people, especially since I am a fan of a different college team in basketball.  Well, College Football was one of the later things I got into, and it wasn't until I moved to Florida when I was ten years old that I really started watching college football at all.  So basically, I was in need of a team and FSU was just the one I came to love. Besides the fact that I always wanted to go there. 

So there it is..now you know

Oh and my favorite Golfer is Tiger Woods

·
Registered
14,550 Posts
NBA Clippers-My local team and I had courtside seats when I was a little kid and sat next to Billy Crystal! During time outs the refs gave me candy and I caught a ball that went out of bounds :D (True Story)

MLB Dodgers-Born into that shit!!!!!!!!!

NFL Packers- L.A doesn't have a team. I was like 4 and my grandma bought me a Brett Favre shirt and they won the Super bowl a year later. Just stuck with 'em

NCAA UCLA / San Jose State-Hometown team and I live like 20 min  from campus. And I cheer for sorry San Jose State cuz I go here

·
Registered
19,931 Posts
8th Wonder said:
NCAAB - Duke Blue Devils - This is where a lot of people get confused when it comes to my fan hood.  Well, as I have said before, my dad and uncle were huge Duke fans when they were young, and then my Uncle went on to attend Duke University. My dad was still a HUGE fan and I was born in 1992, the same year that Christian Laettner hit the game winning buzzer beater to win the National Championship, So I was named after Christian Laettner and obviously became a HUGE Duke fan.
:h5:

·
Registered
53,164 Posts
Tito. said:
When I was first exposed to football through Madden, I was a big Jake Plummer fan and a Raiders fan... lmao

But fuck Rich Gannon :sarc2:
You trying to start a fight dawg?  :robo:

I find it funny you don't like him because he kept complaining on Madden, lol.  :yay:

Anyways:

Oakland Raiders: My dad has always been a fan of them, so I watched games with him when I was younger.  When I was around 5-7 though I liked the Steelers, but not really for any reason that I remember (probably cuz I liked the colors or some stupid shit).

Los Angeles Lakers: I never really followed basketball until the 07-08 season when I started watching Lakers games with my friend (he's a huge fan of them).  Before that, I guess I was "sort-of" a Clippers fan because I went to a lot of their games w/ my grandma, but like I said I never really followed the sport.  Since I saw so many of their games, I grew to love the team.  Call it bandwagon jumping or whatever, but I plan on sticking with them no matter what happens.  I wasn't as interested when I first started watching w/ my friend but over time I've gotten to the point where I am now (aka super obsessed with the Lakers and basketball).

Michigan Wolverines: Never really followed a college team but I have a friend that's really into Michigan.  I watched that ND/Michigan game and Denard converted me.  I plan on being a fan of them for basketball as well.  My like of Michigan isn't nearly as strong as my Raiders/Lakers love, though.

G

·
NFL: Steelers - Hometown team.
NHL: Penguins - See above.
MLB: Mariners - Ken Griffey Jr. being beast.
NBA: Lakers - Shaq was that dude and I just kinda stuck with them after he left.
NCAA: Penn State - Family was always big fans of the school so it stuck and I now go to school there.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts