Kanye to The banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that Jay threw shots at Summer Jam when he said, "Ask Nas, he dont want it with Hov NOOOOOOOOO"

But my question is, what did Jay have against Nas?

Nas didnt initiate anything towards Hov

:dno:

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
mg248 said:
I know that Jay threw shots at Summer Jam when he said, "Ask Nas, he dont want it with Hov NOOOOOOOOO"

But my question is, what did Jay have against Nas?

Nas didnt initiate anything towards Hov

:dno:
Jay Z was obsessed with Nas

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
if recall it was something to do with what bleek said and nas took offense and threw a shot. the hov got wind of it and took off from there.....im 40% sure so take that with a grain of salt lol

·
Registered
55,332 Posts
jay used to call nas for features....nas never used to answer or respond
so there was some sort of tension from that

memphis bleek threw a shot first, subliminals went back & forth for a while

jay fucked nas' ex, there was some other shit to do with e money bags too i think prob some other little facts that led to the shots too

·
Registered
411 Posts
Black Swan said:
Memphis Bleek throwing shots. You gotta look it up I can't remember what song.
It was in the second verse of "My Mind Right."

Nas responded in the first verse of "Nastradamus."

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Competition, both wanted to be the best. But jay always respected nas and admired him and nas shunned hov and didn't respect jay back tbh

·
Registered
18,797 Posts
And this
The Inspiration said:
jay used to call nas for features....nas never used to answer or respond
so there was some sort of tension from that

memphis bleek threw a shot first, subliminals went back & forth for a while

jay fucked nas' ex, there was some other shit to do with e money bags too i think prob some other little facts that led to the shots too
And this
taskforce purrpboy said:
Nas rejected feature requests and Jay got salty

·
Registered
48,400 Posts
nas and az were supposed to be on bring it on off RD.  they both no showed so both sauce and jaz were on it instead.

from their osublimation subliminal shots were thrown up until the 00s.  i think bleek said some shit too

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
Nas vs Jay z lore goes way back and much deeper than refusing a feature, first you have to understand the context of the era that nas/jay was coming up in and how detrimental it was if your character could be called into question unlike today(Drake, Rick Ross, ect). Let me explain, Jay z image was already tainted early on by him acting like a clown in jaz-o videos and even worse a few years later, he pops back up and all of sudden he is rapping about being a big willie cat in brooklyn which rumors over the years have stated that Nas views that whole story as fabricated non-sense by a rapper desperate to get over after making a joke of himself with jaz-o failed, and that no legit brooklyn ***** could ever vouch for jay z hustling tales, I'm sure Nas asked AZ if jay was legit in BK too.

Nas's mind was most likely already made up probably before he even met Jay, and simply, he didn't want to associate with a fraud. Jay on the other hand like majority of the NY rappers circa early-mid 90s loved Nas's whole style and was influenced by it. Jay as a Nas stan tried over the years to get in Nas's good graces even going as far as sleeping with nas baby moms just so he can feel how it is to put his dick in same pussy that nas dick touched, but to no avail. Frustrated that Nas refused his friendship, and showed the camal no respect, Jay took it upon himself to start the beef. Tbh, jay just wanted some acknowledgment from his hero and nas simply didn't care too,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts