Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would have been too young to notice. When you listen to 'Ether' Nas definitely killed Jay, i don't care how good 'Takeover' was. Even though they held a truce it still seems like Nas came out on the losing end. It still seems he's a little mad about it:
28:30
He doesn't big up Jay as an artist, he bigs him up as a businessman

What was it that made Jay end up where he is now and Nas the same thing?

·
0 Posts
WeddingRingFlows said:
Didn't wanna sell out/dumb down
Had nothing to do with it plus he actually sold out & dumbed himself down before Jay hit him up with "Takeover" ....Jay gave Nas a chance to be relevant again with the song as well

·
Registered
997 Posts
don't understand why people act like he's not in a good position now compared to Dre. He's definitely the most respected and most influential rapper of all time, and he's not exactly poor (I remember seeing on VladTV that his booking fee for 1 performance is $75,000 - he makes more a show than most people do a year).

so I'm not sure how Nas "came out on the losing end"...he's got the perfect career (huge amount of respect, huge amount of money).

·
Registered
22,367 Posts
dunks. said:
Even though they held a truce it still seems like Nas came out on the losing end.
Because he did lose bro lol takeover and supaugly was too much for the don

·
Banned
14,391 Posts
he just looks like he is in a bad position compared to Jay-Z because Jay-Z is worldwide famous. anyone would look like they are in a bad position when compared to that man tbh. i mean he kinda got fucked w/ child support and a nasty divorce but i think nas has always been a low key dude as well

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
OP's not considering the pre ether positions of these 2 ******, Nas sold out & put out one aiiigh another lame tape, Takeover-Ether played a significant role in his revitalization

·
Premium Member
102,791 Posts
Cause creating a facade of success isn't high on Nasir's priorities. He makes music for the fans, the people, and hip hop, not for a good PR or chart success. Obviously excluding nastradamus.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
By "end up where he is now" do you mean end up as the GOAT? Nas doesn't want fame and businesses, he just wants to do hip hop. He makes a good living off of it too.

·
Registered
20,572 Posts
catatafish said:
Cause creating a facade of success isn't high on Nasir's priorities. He makes music for the fans, the people, and hip hop, not for a good PR or chart success. Obviously excluding nastradamus.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Hes seen as probably the greatest off the greats. Hes in a good position.

At this moment in time he sounds like hes going to have one of the strongest albums of the year.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts