Kanye to The banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
41,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only had 4.66 in my itunes account so i bought NCITW, TMB, & ****** in Paris and the lyrical battle seem about even waiting til friday to purchase the whole thing. Would like to get fans perspective instead of waiting on the 100 reviews from so call music critics tommorrow...

G

·
Honestly, it feels more like Jay-Z ft. Kanye or Jay-Z with Kanye on backing vocals for most of the songs. Jay had more lines overall and did better lyrically. Kanye didn't do bad, just not as good as Jay and his presence was overshadowed by Jay. Kanye did better on a few though.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Kanye was hardly on two of the songs... only thing holding the album back in my opinion.

Jay (obviously) had better flow, Kanye had the better punchlines tho...

That fucking centerfolds line >>>

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
ThePie said:
Honestly, it feels more like Jay-Z ft. Kanye or Jay-Z with Kanye on backing vocals for most of the songs. Jay had more lines overall and did better lyrically. Kanye didn't do bad, just not as good as Jay and his presence was overshadowed by Jay. Kanye did better on a few though.

·
Banned
41,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ThePie said:
Did he do enough to quiet that Consequence situation...

G

·
Flow Key said:
Kanye was hardly on two of the songs... only thing holding the album back in my opinion.

Jay (obviously) had better flow, Kanye had the better punchlines tho...

That fucking centerfolds line >>>
Yeah. Kanye had better one liners, Jay had better verses.

Cobarachi said:
Did he do enough to quiet that Consequence situation...
Not exactly sure what you mean by that, but it sounded like regular old Kanye.

·
Banned
41,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ThePie said:
Yeah. Kanye had better one liners, Jay had better verses.
Not exactly sure what you mean by that, but it sounded like regular old Kanye.
Consequence was saying he ghostwrote for Ye & you'll see the difference in Ye's material when he's not around...

·
Registered
701 Posts
sonically a kanye album but lyrically jay got it.

damn kanye loves sex..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts