Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Read Only
73,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys are always on how Liquid Swords is a classic.
But what about Beneath the Surface? i haven't seen it get any love in this forum :-\

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
I mean there are a FEW good songs on here but the album just isn't that good tbh.

·
Read Only
73,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wil10 said:
I mean there are a FEW good songs on here but the album just isn't that good tbh.
WTF this is injustice.

Beneath the Surface is just as good as LS. hell, its even a lil bit better

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Frooties said:
WTF this is injustice.

Beneath the Surface is just as good as LS. hell, its even a lil bit better
:kanyeshrug: If you think that then good for you. Who am I to tell you.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Beneath the surface is a great album. But it's simply not touching liquid swords. Production on LS is godly.

·
Banned
35,368 Posts
Because Beneath the Surface isn't as good as Liquid Swords. Not saying Beneath the Surface is crap, had some dope tracks on it.

·
Premium Member
19,871 Posts
Liquid Swords is an amazing album, no doubt, but never on the internet have i seen a site/forum be as into it as KTT is. it's like someone made some super-awesome thread and convinced everyone about it.

it's a classic, but i just don't get it (especially since there's so many young people on here and folks that talk shit on 'dusty ol hip-hop')

and why the fuck does everyone always blab about Liquid Swords and not Only Built For Cuban Linx, Ironman or Return To The 36 Chambers?!

shit, and what about Heavy Mental?

y'all fuckin buggin TBH

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
crackadon said:
Liquid Swords is an amazing album, no doubt, but never on the internet have i seen a site/forum be as into it as KTT is. it's like someone made some super-awesome thread and convinced everyone about it.

and why the fuck does everyone always blab about Liquid Swords and not Only Built For Cuban Linx, Ironman or Return To The 36 Chambers?!
Really? Liquid Swords love always seemed pretty widespread to me.

As for the second question, it's because GZA's lyricism is more accessible than Ghost's or Rae's or whatever. Liquid Swords has that paradoxical lyrical style which is complex despite being easy to listen to.

The production on all the albums you mentioned is probably about equal IMO, but GZA's lyrics are my favourite, plus all of the guest slots are just as legendary.

·
Premium Member
19,871 Posts
Porcelina said:
Really? Liquid Swords love always seemed pretty widespread to me.

As for the second question, it's because GZA's lyricism is more accessible than Ghost's or Rae's or whatever. Liquid Swords has that paradoxical lyrical style which is complex despite being easy to listen to.

The production on all the albums you mentioned is probably about equal IMO, but GZA's lyrics are my favourite, plus all of the guest slots are just as legendary.
yeah, but what i meant is that i've never in real life have seen so many young people into GZA or Liquid Swords. i just wonder where it all started cuz i never hear them talking about any other 90s era Wu album as much as LS.

and as much as i love all those albums mentioned, Supreme Clientele is my personal fave.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts