Kanye to The banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in writing stories or a novel. But I have no experience outside of writing essay and assignments for school.

I've also only recently started reading for enjoyment about a few months ago so I feel like I don't know enough to start. I don't even have any real ideas at the moment.

Can anyone who writes (whether you do it for fun, to relax, aspiring to be published, etc.) provide any advice?

·
Banned
12,657 Posts
Brainstorm and create a plot outline in order to set the basic elements for your story. A list for your characters, setting, and so forth is a great idea as well. For there, just keep on writing as you go along. I would recommend that you read guides on character internal and external dialogue, character development, etc.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Just write! Keep a diary and write daily. Also attend a creative writing class and try to intern at a production company or theater group to get a sense of how the creative process is like. People just think they'll just write a hit. It takes a lot of opinions and reworking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts