Kanye to The banner

How fucked are we?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean it obviously has; go on any major internet forum and that much becomes clear, but how will it manifest as we get older?

Will we find that 20 years from now 60% of the working population are socially awkward retards who have limited conception of taboo/boundaries and only know how to communicate through memes?

How are we going to reconcile the masses of data swirling around relating to our personal lives and viewpoints with the need to live a conserved and socially upstanding life as an adult?
Our parents may have gone buckwild in the seventies, but there's no directly accessible record of all the crazy shit they did.

How will we muster a genuine response to tragedy when we have been made numb by overexposure to extremely graphic images of suffering and evil?

The internet in it's current unpoliced form will/can not go on for much longer; too many powerful people are loosing too much money.
When the line in the sand is finally drawn, (how) will our generation be able to adapt to a world in which what we considered free and trivial suddenly has an inescapable price tag?

In short: How fucked are we?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
20,397 Posts
I've wondered about this before as well.
Greenstrings said:
I mean it obviously has; go on any major internet forum and that much becomes clear, but how will it manifest as we get older?

Will we find that 20 years from now 60% of the working population are socially awkward retards who have limited conception of taboo/boundaries and only know how to communicate through memes?

How are we going to reconcile the masses of data swirling around relating to our personal lives and viewpoints with the need to live a conserved and socially upstanding life as an adult?
Our parents may have gone buckwild in the seventies, but there's no directly accessible record of all the crazy shit they did.

How will we muster a genuine response to tragedy when we have been made numb by overexposure to extremely graphic images of suffering and evil?

The internet in it's current unpoliced form will/can not go on for much longer; too many powerful people are loosing too much money.
When the line in the sand is finally drawn, (how) will our generation be able to adapt to a world in which what we considered free and trivial suddenly has an inescapable price tag?

In short: How fucked are we?
 
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
we r f00ked

But in all seriousness. A case example: my little sister spends a lot of time looking up random videos on YouTube. WHEN I WAS HER AGE (to sound extremely old), I'd be playing educational computer games or riding my bike outside. Now she's just looking up Ke$ha and playing Club Penguin. She can't even spell that well and she's about to be in 6th grade. I don't understand how "spicee" = "spicy."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,797 Posts
society is being conditioned, i personally think humans naturally are supposed to create technology n shit, but we're heading in the wrong direction with it and we got too much stuff for luxury/ pleasures.. its fucking everything up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,007 Posts
sami said:
Your avatar answers the question.
Exactly what I was thinking :hah:
Ralph Wiggum said:
we r f00ked

But in all seriousness. A case example: my little sister spends a lot of time looking up random videos on YouTube. WHEN I WAS HER AGE (to sound extremely old), I'd be playing educational computer games or riding my bike outside. Now she's just looking up Ke$ha and playing Club Penguin. She can't even spell that well and she's about to be in 6th grade. I don't understand how "spicee" = "spicy."
That's horrible, if she were my sister I'd teach her a thing or two about grammar. I no rght!
 
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Hamington said:
That;'s horrible, if she were my sister I'd teach her a thing or two about grammar. I no rght!
"That;'s"

:oblivious:

But yeah, it's a shame what society has come to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,007 Posts
Ralph Wiggum said:
"That;'s"

:oblivious:

But yeah, it's a shame what society has come to.
Damn, I can't believe I missed that. I think the blame could be squarely aimed at parents, letting D-C students stay on their computer for half a day won't lead up to magnificent results. Also, Love your avy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89,167 Posts
If anything internet and advances in communication have furthered our society and made us interact more with loved ones and people from around the world
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chris W. said:
I honestly don't think it has, and thanks for including that option in the poll.
I like to stay open minded, but I'm afraid I''m not as optimistic as you.

While we currently like to differentiate between our lives off and online the two are converging and I think  many of us will get lost in the cracks.
 
1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Top