Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dude...is different.
His rapping is very comparable to Eminems.
His hooks, also comparable to Em...
His use of autotune? I like autotune, check my name, so thats the only thing different with him from Em.

but then this dudes talking about, in interviews, how the industry is bullshit.
typically the people who say the industry is bullshit always jump to the conclusion that Autotune = bullshit, indefinitely.
oh & he produces, and wouldnt you know, his production sounds similar to that of Eminems.
he said he locked himself in his basement & taught himself to produce, & got a style, and said he studied other rappers' careers. we REALLY can only assume he studied Em's the most.

so lets make a quick recap thus far:
hes a horrorcore rapper/rapper who sounds like a black Em, has pretty good lyricism & uses Autotune on hooks, and can do some okay singing sometimes.



wat :wut:

does anyone here actually like this dude? :dno:
these songs are amazing, but his production on his albums make me not like him:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63,266 Posts
i've heard of this guy but didn't actually listen to his music until now. it ain't horrible but it ain't anything special either, i just kind of think that he's trying to capitalize on the recent success of horrorcore/swag rappers like OF, SpaceghostPurrp and Lil B.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
Who's hopsin?!?!?!?!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fudge said:
i've heard of this guy but didn't actually listen to his music until now. it ain't horrible but it ain't anything special either, i just kind of think that he's trying to capitalize on the recent success of horrorcore/swag rappers like OF, SpaceghostPurrp and Lil B.
he dissed Tyler, The Creator in iLL Mind Of Hopsin 4 (last vid in OP), & says he hates the word "swag". and OF isnt horrorcore, Tyler, earl & Hodgy are the only ones making outrageous claims, and Earl only because he followed in Tylers footsteps a bit. Youll never hear Domo talking about anything other than bitches, money & weed.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MAnt said:
When I first heard I him was like ''FOH''
then I listened to RAW....
Thats the album I just listened to, I love it for lyrical value, the hooks are okay although id never bump outloud, and the production is horrible to okay (imo). feel like he leans on Eminems sound a bit too much. He needs to create his own sound in production, then he'd be cool & id bump him in the whip probably, otherwise I cannot.
 
G

·
808s&Heartbreak said:
Thats the album I just listened to, I love it for lyrical value, the hooks are okay although id never bump outloud, and the production is horrible to okay (imo).
Horrible?! are you fucking crazy? Show me one bad beat from the album.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63,266 Posts
808s&Heartbreak said:
he dissed Tyler, The Creator in iLL Mind Of Hopsin 4 (last vid in OP), & says he hates the word "swag". and OF isnt horrorcore, Tyler, earl & Hodgy are the only ones making outrageous claims, and Earl only because he followed in Tylers footsteps a bit. Youll never hear Domo talking about anything other than bitches, money & weed.
he disses tyler because he doesn't have the same amount of success, no matter how much OF says they are not horrorcore it just won't be true, i said horrorcore/swag rappers because artists such as OF and Lil B have had so much success in the past year or so...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fudge said:
he disses tyler because he doesn't have the same amount of success, no matter how much OF says they are not horrorcore it just won't be true, i said horrorcore/swag rappers because artists such as OF and Lil B have had so much success in the past year or so...
OF is not horrorcore, maybe Tyler alone, maybe Earl solitarily, maybe even Hodgy individually, but Damier Genesis is NOT horrorcore.
 
G

·
Fudge said:
he disses tyler because he doesn't have the same amount of success, no matter how much OF says they are not horrorcore it just won't be true, i said horrorcore/swag rappers because artists such as OF and Lil B have had so much success in the past year or so...
He's like joe budden,it ain't about succes, he loves to diss people, he dissed nobodies and guys like tyler
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63,266 Posts
808s&Heartbreak said:
OF is not horrorcore, maybe Tyler alone, maybe Earl solitarily, maybe even Hodgy individually, but Damier Genesis is NOT horrorcore.
OF is a mix of horrorcore and then different styles like weed rap, swag rap and all different random branches of rap. I'm not saying every member of OF raps about raping bitches and shit but generally the two most notable members of OF do and therefore it is fair to categorize the group as horrorcore along with other types of rap.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MAnt said:
Horrible?! are you fucking crazy? Show me one bad beat from the album.
Trampoline, just to name one. its not really that theyre bad as much as they lean on Eminems production sound. He, overall, musically, reminds me of Eminem. Thats bad. He needs to develop a production style of his own tbh. :kanyeshrug: i usually dont make arguments like this, but in this case its very needed, id love to hear him on some production that differs from his currently used production.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fudge said:
OF is a mix of horrorcore and then different styles like weed rap, swag rap and all different random branches of rap. I'm not saying every member of OF raps about raping bitches and shit but generally the two most notable members of OF do and therefore it is fair to categorize the group as horrorcore along with other types of rap.
it isnt fair to categorize the rap group Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All as horrorcore if all of the members are not horrorcore. They are an alternative hiphop/rap group, not debatable. and im not even really a fan like most stans on this site are at all, but tyler has stressed his need to not be put in the box, and since it is his art I have no choice as a respecter of art to not do that. plus, his wiki page says hes alternative hiphop. :kanyeshrug:
 
G

·
808s&Heartbreak said:
Trampoline, just to name one. its not really that theyre bad as much as they lean on Eminems production sound. He, overall, musically, reminds me of Eminem. Thats bad. He needs to develop a production style of his own tbh. :kanyeshrug: i usually dont make arguments like this, but in this case its very needed, id love to hear him on some production that differs from his currently used production.
Vintage eminem  leans to masta ace and esham. If you listen hopsin's debut(gazing at the moonlight is the tittle)
and then illmindofhopsin 4 you'll see how much he changed. Hopsin will create his own style, I'm sure about that
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MAnt said:
Vintage eminem  leans to masta ace and esham. If you listen hopsin's debut(gazing at the moonlight is the tittle)
and then illmindofhopsin 4 you'll see how much he changed. Hopsin will create his own style, I'm sure about that
But its not as comparable as Hopsin is comparable to Eminem. Like first thing you think of when you listen to ANY hopsin track, no matter what the track is, is Black Eminem. that was my first impression, the first thing i ever heard was iLL Mind of Hopsin III. but im glad a fan of his is telling me he'll create his own style, that gives me hope.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63,266 Posts
808s&Heartbreak said:
it isnt fair to categorize the rap group Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All as horrorcore if all of the members are not horrorcore. They are an alternative hiphop/rap group, not debatable. and im not even really a fan like most stans on this site are at all, but tyler has stressed his need to not be put in the box, and since it is his art I have no choice as a respecter of art to not do that. plus, his wiki page says hes alternative hiphop. :kanyeshrug:
alternative hip-hop is probably the broadest way of categorizing an artist there is. there are countless sug-genre's within alternative hip-hop that are more descriptive of the artists. i don't generally categorize OF as horrorcore however when you are comparing a similar artist who raps about things such as murder, rape etc... then you generally try to find a mid point between genre's which would fit both of them and in this case the style of hip-hop i feel hopsin is attempting to capitalize on as a result of it's recent success.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fudge said:
alternative hip-hop is probably the broadest way of categorizing an artist there is. there are countless sug-genre's within alternative hip-hop that are more descriptive of the artists. i don't generally categorize OF as horrorcore however when you are comparing a similar artist who raps about things such as murder, rape etc... then you generally try to find a mid point between genre's which would fit both of them and in this case the style of hip-hop i feel hopsin is attempting to capitalize on as a result of it's recent success.
i dont think hopsin rapped about rape tbh. but idk. lol. and hopsin has been doing this since 2004, he isnt new, so i dont think its a result of the recent success of OF, lil b, etc. he has a history, you should research it tbh. he recorded his first album mostly in 2005, although releasing it way later on.
 
G

·
808s&Heartbreak said:
But its not as comparable as Hopsin is comparable to Eminem. Like first thing you think of when you listen to ANY hopsin track, no matter what the track is, is Black Eminem. that was my first impression, the first thing i ever heard was iLL Mind of Hopsin III. but im glad a fan of his is telling me he'll create his own style, that gives me hope.
Look, eminem's first work was infinite then he made ssep, what I mean is, all artists need that piece of work that'll help em tranform to a better and more original version of themselves.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top