Kanye to The banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a child hood friend of mine.Grew up 2 blocks away from him,went to the same school's as him.Even got the chance to play with him.He was our hometown hero.This is tragic for everyone who knows him and knows what kinda of person he is.Just figured i'd post this because he could use all the prayers he can get.

Quick Overlook on the situation:
Rutgers junior defensive lineman Eric LeGrand suffered a neck injury in the fourth quarter of Saturday's 23-20 overtime win over Army at the New Meadowlands Stadium.

LeGrand was hurt making a tackle on a kickoff return. He was immobilized and carried off the field after several minutes on the ground.

Rutgers coach Greg Schiano, who spoke with LeGrand's mother on the sideline after the injury occurred, was very emotional about LeGrand after the game -- in fact, he cut his postgame news conference short so he could get to the hospital as quickly as possible to see him.

"When you coach these kids, they're your kids," Schiano said. "That is the thing I don't know if everybody gets. It's not pro football. Those are your kids. You're raising them. You're finishing the job for their parents, so it's tough."

When asked for an update on LeGrand's condition, Schiano responded, "I'm not at liberty to do that legally, and I don't think it's the right thing respectfully."

Schiano said the school will release more information on LeGrand's condition "as soon as it's appropriate."

Source: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/colleges/tag/_/name/eric-legrand

We Know You Can Do It Eric ! # 52 Keep Chopin !

·
Banned
29,484 Posts
Crazy how there was all sorts of talk about the hits that happened in the NFL this weekend, but this kid did not get mentioned at all.  I said a prayer for him when I heard it and I hope to God that he can one day walk again.  Football players tend to be incredibly resilient and I'm sure Eric is no different.  I wish him nothing but the best on his road to recovery.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i actually heard him get mentioned a few times.yesterday on around the horn they mentioned him and again on PTI .

·
Premium Member
117,651 Posts
Bobby. said:
Crazy how there was all sorts of talk about the hits that happened in the NFL this weekend, but this kid did not get mentioned at all.  I said a prayer for him when I heard it and I hope to God that he can one day walk again.  Football players tend to be incredibly resilient and I'm sure Eric is no different.  I wish him nothing but the best on his road to recovery.
WHERE IS UR GOD. BOBBYJAMES

1 - 11 of 11 Posts