Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see all these predictions about MBDTF's first week sales, and I just wanna list things that we need to consider.....

Big Things

Kanye's name alone

His fanbase

Three of the songs from his album are in the top 40 (Billboard)

His Runaway Film received great reviews and was a hot topic

Numerous interviews discussing the album

Good Friday series

BET awards performance, VMA performance.

And last, but not least...

His Macy's Day parade performance which usually pulls in around 50 million viewers (plus more people in the real audience) where he will most likely debut "All of the Lights".

I'm sure it's safe to say that out of 50 million viewers, AT LEAST 700 THOUSAND of those viewers will buy the album...

Small Things

The fancy and eye-catching album cover which is controversial and sexual (two elements that always boosts sales)

The features such as Fergie & Elton John.

It has been over 3 years since the release of a Kanye West rap album.

His last rap album sold 957k the first week.

The world has seemed to forgive or forget about the Taylor Swift incident

George Bush has recently mentioned Kanye.

His epic SNL performance.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If he previewed it at the parade(which, if i'm not mistaken, is on thanksgiving), it will drop after his album....that's not good

·
Registered
323 Posts
Could he really have any more promotion than this? I don't think any artist, let alone rapper, has had this much positive buzz and anticipation for an album. If he manages to fail with all this publicity, smfh

·
Registered
11,837 Posts
TROY said:
If he previewed it at the parade(which, if i'm not mistaken, is on thanksgiving), it will drop after his album....that's not good
AOTL needs to drop b4 the album,

OFF TOPIC:
what town are you from? i'm from massapequa

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
I don't think having a number one single matters as much for Kanye, I mean Over for Drake wasn't huge and he still sold well. Kanye's buzz is huge.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
the next studio album will sell more cuz this album will mark Kanye's comeback to the majority of the people that dont follow kanye. but sales should still be good

1 - 20 of 23 Posts